Sandboxie 3.52 Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I reckon you have a point there Scoob.

Before I get any more pearls of wisdom from our enthusiastic posters, can I just make it clear and hope it sinks in :-

If 3.50 opens the lock and 3,52 does not, what is at fault - THE LOCK !
    I would conclude it is the KEY that is bent.

If I am guilty of repeating myself, it is because nobody appears to comprehend the significance of the problem.
    John

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

3. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

No, it's because you are a broken record. This is basic stuff. You upgrade some software and it doesn't work. It did previously. You blame the upgrade. You want to fix it? Then you start uninstalling software that are possibly the source of the SBIE problem to try to narrow it down. Once you have identified the core conflict you take the problem to the developer.

If you don't want to do that for whatever reason, then you stick with your previous. You make your complaint about it on Wilders, and leave it at that.

Not everybody wants to investigate problems, which is fair enough.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

John, that is a rather foolish analogy. Fact is Scoobs is right. The only way to establish another program isn't cause of a conflict is uninstalling it. Just turning it off, still leaves the drivers active, and also there still may be services running.

Pete

6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Chill guys:) Perhaps his posts isn't the best technically speaking but we can try to assist him..

@John Bull

I don't know what's the exact problem since you're just complaining without showing anyone what the error messages are like but I'm guessing that it is probably/likely to be a template or Sandboxie.ini configuration file problem. If that's the case, then I suggest you do this:

1. Assuming you're with V3.50, open up Sandboxie Control. Go to Configure>Edit Configuration. You'll see some text there. Copy, paste, and save it somewhere else.

2. Overwrite (during install) V3.52 and then Open up Sandboxie Control. Go to Configure>Edit Configuration.

3. Open the previous file you saved earlier, and then compare the 2 to see if there's any difference. Take note of the "[GlobalSettings]" part especially. If there do exist difference, then you have to delete/add the 'extra' lines. Your 'error' messages will provide you clues on that. Save it.

I can't guarantee it'll work....but it might be just that. If it doesn't and you're willing to work things out, I'm sure others here may be able to help, without the need to go to Sandboxie forums if you insist not to. Post or show us the error messages and someone might be able to figure things out for you...;)

7. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    When I click Start+All Programs+Sandboxie+Run web browser sandboxed, my firefox browser always crashed. :oops:

But I can open and run Firefox un-sandboxed, or not using sandboxie.

8. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Try a Sandboxie reinstall.

Bo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.