Sandboxie 3.36 Released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I was a little hopeful that my 28 to 30 second FF cold startup with SBie might have improved with the new version after all the posts about start up time at the SBie forum, but it was not to be. I even tried sandboxing Opera because it doesn't have all the extensions that get blamed for slow downs, and SBie slowed Opera down too. Oh well, I guess I'll just accept it. :p

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Instant FF non-sandboxed and about three seconds sandboxed.

Subsequent sandboxed FF starts are neary instant?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, how many of you have FF's inbuilt "check fraud sites", your resident AV "check fraud sites" and some link checker app "check fraud sites" as well.?

Turn the whole lot off and start surfing with a bit of speed through Sandboxie as anything that comes through the net is completely isolated!

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Why turn the whole lot off? :p GeSWall - Chromium - AVG 8.5 free (with linkscanner)- Google web rating loads cold < 1 sec, subsequent also in a blink (on an E5200 low end dual core). A sandbox does not protect you from stupidly shopping from fraudelous sites. But then again most people shopping from those sites won't have a sandbox. My guess is that Franklin is the intelligent actor in preventing this.

4. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Kees, POQ please! :rolleyes:

5. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Am going now

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Well I'm old enough to remember the bad old days of waiting time counted in minutes rather than seconds.:D

7. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I thought I was the old guy here. Anyway, I have run SBIE with FF 3.1 and IE 8 and there is a delay before starting the browsers. There is also a delay with using Geswall with these browsers. I think the xx number of seconds is well worth the wait for the security that is getting setup behind the scenes.

Just my .02cents
    Ice

8. andyman35

Yes in fairness I can't notice any significant slowdown while surfing sandboxed only the browser startup.

9. HungJuri

HungJuri Registered Member

Firefox has taken forever to load on the initial startup from day 1 years ago - thats why I don't use it anymore. Then the next startups after that first one would be quicker. Well wouldn't it be so that every startup in sandboxie would act like a first start - if you are auto deleting that sandbox. Why not try it without auto delete and set Ccleaner to empty the box on reboot? :rolleyes: And you probably have like 8 million things checking for file and registry changes that are given the go-ahead when not sandboxed, but have to be rechecked everytime in an empty sandbox.

10. waters

waters Registered Member

No slowdown at all with Chrome,Firefox was ages so changed to Chrome and wont change now

11. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I remember the "old" days when I'd click something and go have a cigarette. :D

12. Luxeon

Luxeon Registered Member

* Fixes related to Windows Vista:

* Support "Run As" UAC elevation requests for sandboxed programs.
    * Fixed a problem with Internet Explorer 8 when User Account Controls (UAC) is enabled.
    * Fixed a problem that prevented a clean start of Windows Installer.
    * Fixed a problem with starting Windows Live Messenger.
    * Fixed a problem with use of some plug-and-play hardware such as webcams and joysticks.

Ok...I thought SandboxIE didn't work with Vista?
    If it works with Vista I will be happy as a pig in you-know-what!

Bob

13. andyman35

With my old comp I could go to the shop and buy cigarettes by the time the thing got going.:p

14. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

It's been compatible with Windows Vista for quite some time now.

15. Luxeon

Luxeon Registered Member

Excellent!

But...does that include x64? I believe there were issues with compatibility or something.

16. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No. Sandboxie isn't supporting X64. Patchguard issues.

17. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Sanboxie 3.36.04 is now available for download. I cannot find any information as to what it does. Does anyone know?

18. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Relative to the first 3.36, some fixes for Firefox and for Online Armor, as best I can recall from my reading at tzuk's forum. Sorry I can't be more precise.

EDIT: I guess it would be prudent to accompany my assertion above with the following link to demoneye's complaint: http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5431&highlight=

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  19. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I tested it and it works fine for me.

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Isn't v3.36.01 still waiting for release? I got mine yesterday from someone's post early I was told.

21. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

The Sandboxie website indicates that the released version 3.36 was updated to 3.36.04 today.

22. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

36.04 got bug with online armor 3.5 , they can work together only if u dont intend to use any "windows shell integration " .

u can read my comment on SB forum + i add picture with the error it gave

glade u brought it to here crofttk , i was just about find a way writing this issue it in here :)

EDIT
    i found a way to make 36.04 work under online armor , u just need to exclude c:\program files\Sandbox in online armor option , is that sound like a good normal solution?

23. subset

subset Registered Member

Can't confirm, I can run any program from Explorer Context Menu sandboxed without problems.

Did you try to create a new sandbox without any modifications and run the programs in this sandbox?

Well, it's a workaround and probably will not hurt.
    But it's strange, because for me it looks like a file from SBIE folder was maybe not trusted at OA Programs and this has caused the issue with the shell command.

Cheers

24. demoneye

its doesnt work 100% , i back to 36.01 and all my SB shortcuts ("windows shell integration ") start to work,

even i make new "windows shell integration " they gave same error when double click on them

25. demoneye

btw i found this

for all online armor 3.5.0.9 who got the delayslow down at windows boot , try exclude your sandbox directory and u will notice its start normal , i am sure this method may work also for defensewall users (haven't check yet)

cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.