Sandboxie 3.24 released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by NICK ADSL UK, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Version 3.24 of Sandboxie is now available for download.
    • Improved compatibility with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.
    • Support for blocking Internet access to more than one sandboxed program at a time.
    • Support for the new bookmarks system introduced in Firefox 3.
    • Removed domain restrictions: Sandboxie can again be used in a domain network without additional license keys.
    • Some performance improvements and security enhancements.
    • Translation to Korean, contributed by doa.
    • Resolved conflicts with third-party software: AVG 8, Ad Muncher, Novell NetIdentity, Trend Micro Internet Security 2008.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Thanks for the update notice.

Just when you get settled in on learning most the configurations of an app like this, it adds some more. LoL :cool:

I might just wait this release out untill all the complaints are made that users experience and compare whether or not the percentages & solutions for them are worth the wait.

EASTER

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks Nick :).

I'm glad this is now an added feature. I'm still using the free version and this allows me to run both Firefox and Winamp together while increasing security as they are the only apps allowed to access the internet through the sandbox. No keylogger will be calling home during my browsing session ;).

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Some people complain about to how to configure SBIE as to how to deal with the config.ini but for general use SBIE control UI is i guess more then enough.
    Its clearly explained so default settings will serve most.

To set your browser the only one to connect and some others in case you wont, defeating any phoning home is quite nice.

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

As this has already been posted by stapp we'll now continue in that thread . :)

Regards

nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.