Sanboxie & avast! Auto Sandbox

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by DBone, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I'm running the latest Sandboxie Paid version with the latest avast! Free version. I currently have the default avast! auto sandbox feature enabled and set to ask.

Is there any conflict by having two sandboxes running from two different companies, or am I alright?

2. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Not that I know of. Avast auto-sandbox is more like CIS's sandbox. SBIE on the other hand is different. Both Avast auto-sandbox and SBIE for browsers will compliment each other.

I am using both SBIE paid version and Avast IS(no firewall) with CIS Beta v5.8 and I have tried using CIS's sandbox and then Avast auto-sandbox. Seems to be the same. No conflicts there with SBIE. Ended up using Comodo's.

Even ran OA Premium with Avast IS and SBIE some time ago and tried out Avast Sandbox versus OA Premium RunSafer. Firefox and Opera with Avast IS Sandbox and Google Chrome/SRWare Iron with RunSafer. Then switched it. I liked OA Premium RunSafer better than Avast IS's Sandbox. Browser runs a bit more faster in RunSafer. Ended up with Firefox and Opera running in SBIE and Google Chrome/SRWare Iron with RunSafer(did not use Avast Sandbox). Ran into Firefox issues where it was black when I was printing a pdf file.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Might be conflicts if you use them on the same program, but otherwise none. I would keep both, one for manual and the other for automatic sandboxing.

4. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Thanks guys, I'll keep avast!'s sandbox enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.