Samurai download link

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Franklin, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Thanks for the info Notok.Hijack my thread-didn't notice.:)

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Well Notok..I will not play any editing then re-editing games with my posts..QA is important..but it is a discipline that many use lightly when addressing software.. I do not agree with the premise or the reason in this case on the approval..but if you have specific as to why PivX stuff is/was vulnerable..that being the reason they did not go forward..it stops at their door step..Now if you in fact have pulled apart any Samuri code..and you Know it to be vulnerable..then please post your personal findings..rather than this association you are determined to draw between the parties..

Thanks ;)

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I don't know what to tell you, Primrose. Again, I do apologize. I also hoped that public retraction, explanation, and apology would have given clear indication of why the post was edited, and my history would show that I don't do that kind of thing lightly. You made a strong point, and I fully concede. Understand, however, that I am passing on information that I was given directly by a PivX representative in response to having Samurai on my page, not something I just heard throught he grapevine. It's my intention only to inform, not to impress anyone. I will make a large effort to do so more impartially in the future, however, without stating it as absolute fact and in a manner that more clearly suggests personal discretion. I do still feel it is important that the non-geeks among us know that the kernel mode component never left the prototype phase, and that that could have overall consequences to their system if they decide to use it. I would hope that anyone on this forum would do the same if I were promoting a product that could potentially have such a negative impact on the rest of the system (as has happened in the past).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Yes I understand Notok..but I would then only suggest to you in reflection of..

"..Negation is thus the despair of thought; but it is at once the opening of a new avenue - the path of intuition. Negation is the threshold of intellectual intuition. ... Sunyata (Void) is negative only for thought; but in itself it is the non-relational knowledge of the absolute... The dialectic as Sunyata (Void) is the removal of the constrictions which our concepts, with their practical or sentimental bias, have put on reality. It is the freeing of reality of the artificial and accidental restrictions, and not the denial of reality. Sunyata (Void) is negation of negations; it is thus a reaffirmation of the infinite and inexpressibly positive character of the real."

..... that " management by conflict" can bring out the best in good minds for a short period..we practiced that in the 60-80's in many of our large companies in the US..but in the end.. it destroyed some great minds and companies. To me, that was the best example of denial of realitly..which is why some of the best things come out of the individual loner..rather than the artifical "group think" that needed a leader.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/fulldisclosure/2005-04/0074.html

It also brings to mind..one of my best friends Andreas Haak..who would have thought he would have been not only a survivor..but also a creative force ?..Prototype phases..not withstanding.;)

Be well,
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.