Samsung S4 eSet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Corey Bryant, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Registered Member

Hopefully someone might be able to help me here, I was not able to sign into https://forum.eset.com/ after 4 tries. Nod32 has great customer support so I am hoping for some help.

I need to uninstall my eSet product from the Samsng S4. I have tried sending a few sms messages with my passcode but that did not work.

When I go to the Asterisk to uninstall, I enter the password but it says something about Admin and click on Menu. I am having some issues with the phone and I do not know where the Menu button is. I do not use Android all that much and I am testing it for Samsung and Verizon.

How can I uninstall eset so I can do a complete reset on the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Thank you!

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. Corey Bryant

Thanks, that is what I thought. I will try to get into the other forum from another computer.

Unfortunately, when you install eSet on the phone it will not allow you to reset it or anything without entering the password. So I cannot do a hard reset and when I enter that password, it still has some problems.

4. Corey Bryant

OK, I am now into ESET MOBILE SECURITY - this looks different than the other one - it has about 7 icons - horizontally.
    Attention Required
    Antivirus
    Antispam
    Anti-Theft
    Security Audit
    Update
    Password

Right now, it is locked up and I am pressing wait to see if it will respond.

But this is a different one - I have Mobile Security & Antivirus but the one on the screen is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eset.ems
    It did unlock and I was able to access that app. I entered the password and then removed the password from "Apply To"

The Attention Required takes me to the upgrade. I don't know if I should upgrade through this process and then try to remove it so I can wipe everything via the Samsung Gear Icon. I am guessing that the eSet is preventing the wiping

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You still can't wipe everything? I'm not sure what you mean by Samsung Gear Icon, is it part of the hard reset guide?

Maybe a soft reset is all you need (now that you can access it), try that before hard reset:
    http://www.ekoob.com/soft-hard-reset-galaxy-s4-12785/

6. Corey Bryant

No Still cannot wipe everything. The hard wipe - you press the Volume Up, Power, and Menu button at the same time.

At the top of the Samsung S4 there is a gear, just like on the newest version of the eSet. This is where you can find all your settings, and the place to wipe the device. I tried that and it said rebooting for about 30 minutes. I took the battery out at that time. The link you sent me to - that is what I have done and from what I have read, installing eSet is supposed to stop this. The only way to uninstall the eSet program is thru the program itself. When I can get into that program and choose uninstall, it says it is an administrator and cannot remove. So I go uncheck Administrator, but it does not seem to take.

I am thinking that I am going to just get a new one via insurance. Samsung / Verizon made me pay for that - but it seems to be well worth it.

I have three Samsung devices that I am testing - the Galaxy Tab 2, the S4, and a Windows tablet (XE700T1C-A02US). I got this tablet in January, had to exchange it once (bought insurance on it as well). Went into the store in about 5 months later, MS said they have quit carrying them because of all of the problems they are having.

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.