Samsung Q35Duo2 1280 lap top

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Long View, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I'm thinking about buying a Samsung Laptop. I have heard that some laptops ( Dell ?) may cause problems for ATI because of the way they use hidden partitions and their own proprietary restore methods. Does anyone have a Samsung and have experience of backing up with ATI ? my preference is to have
    system and programs on one partition and data on another. The reason for looking at the Samsung is that it only weighd 1.9 kg. Would consider any other laptop weighing less than 2 kg that works well with ATI.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Depends on the screen size .... most any of the 12-inch screens will make a laptop at that weight. ATI ver 9 works with my Averatec 3250 (12-inch).

3. Long View

Thanks Ralphie

I must admit I have never heard of Averatec -will certainly take a look. My only concern is the way that some companies set up lap tops. I'm sure I have read about problems using ATI with Dell. Hopefully those problems have been solved or only apply to a few lap tops.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Long View,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that we do not expect difficulties with using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home on Dell computers. Usually Dell computers come withspecial Dell Utility partition. You can use Acronis True Image to create the image of the entire hard drive. This image includes all the hard disk partitions along with the operating system, registry, drivers, software applications and data files, as well as system areas hidden from user. Later you will be able to use this image to restore either the entire hard drive (along with this recovery partition), only the system partition or just several files/folders. You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

I would recommend that you download Acronis True Image 10.0 Home trial version in order to check how the product works. The limitations of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home trial version are that you can only restore an image when you run the program from the bootable media. It is fully functional in Windows. The trial version evaluation period is 15 days.

This thread also may be useful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Long View

Thanks for your response. I now have ATI 10 and have removed everything from the laptop - and started again. everything is working just fine - much better without all the typical laptop junk and hidden partitions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.