Samsung plans to offer 5G by 2020

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.telecoms.com/142751/samsung-plans-to-offer-5g-by-2020/

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thanks for the post,,,I had seen a headline on this a few days ago and had no idea when 5G would be available,,,,,guess I will not wait until its released to upgrade my current phone:eek: :rolleyes:

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Haha yeah only because they say it will be ready by 2020 doesn't mean that it will. The release schedule on things like this usually change both one, two and three times so I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be delayed a few years at least. :D

4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Regardless of when it's released, there's also the adoption time to take into account.

5. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I don't care about 5G, heck i would much more prefer to have unlimited 2G than 300mb limit on 5G

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Yes, I've also heard about 5G and 1Gbps speed, but I wonder why announce it 7 years in advance? I think they are promoting their image as their state of the art in technology. They also say that in 2020 we'll be able to have a conversation with our machines... One thing for sure, the speed of technological development is accelerating exponentially.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.technologyreview.com/new...w-superfast-5g-works-with-handsets-in-motion/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.