Samsung laptops

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Firecat, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Thanks for that. I will give it a go tonight :thumb:

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

hope you like it :)

to verify that you've done all the settings right, when you play the video it will show you a little OCD screenie saying laying at so and so FPS it should be 50 to 59 or even 60 FPS

for help, visit their forums

3. roger_m

I've given it a go on my laptop with GeForce Go graphics, but it does not work very well for me, my video chips are way too under powered.

To put things into perspective, the Radeon HD 3470 has an average G3D Mark of 183, and the GeForce Go 7600 has a rating of 317. The GeForce GT 555M which berryracer had is his old laptop has a rating of 953 - pretty much exactly 3 times as fast as my GeForce Go.

According to videobenchmark.net where I got the figures from, the most common video cards today get a rating over of 4,000 - so they are at least 12.5 times faster than my GeForce or 21 times faster then my Radeon!

It would have been nice to use this, but sadly my hardware is too old. However I must add, this is the only time I've ever had the need for better video hardware - my nearly 6 1/2 year old Compal HEL80 is more than fast enough for everything else I use it for.

4. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

I always buy Dell for their superior assistance when having problems and also the overall good quality of their product. I might look elsewhere when Dell does not offer what I want only.

5. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I used to feel the same way about Dell, plus I get a Dell discount through work. After purchasing our Samsung, I can say my mind's been changed. We really like the Samsung quality over Dell's so far. It definitely has a better build quality than our previous Dells, and better performance too.

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

You can run Windows on a mac with bootcamp and have the best of both worlds.I have a brand new Macbook Pro and as much as I like windows XP and Windows 7, I will not share windows on my mac so I have both separately.Also my macbook is far better then any windows machine I ever had from build quality,keyboard,track pad,battery life etc.Also the way OS X runs it deserves to run stand alone.I like my windows a lot but I love my mac OS X.The keyboard is smooth as silk the display is beautiful and the battery life of 7 hours is wonderful.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  7. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

It it easy to run Windows on a a Mac? Where do you get all the drivers from anyway?

Also, how do you deal with not having a right click button on your trackpad in Windows?

8. Dark Shadow

9. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

10. roger_m

Or, better yet - just a PC and you will have a right mouse button.

If I liked Macs, I'm sure I could put up with the Ctrl + clicking. But, since I have no need to ever use OS X or any Mac software I will stick with my PCs.

11. Dark Shadow

To each there own and since I own both I have the luxury to use both.We have 5 windows laptops 4 of them windows 7 and 1 of them windows 8 and 1 Macbook Pro.Lots of fun and lots of bandwidth when everyone is on at the same time.:argh: Oh yea and two Xbox 360 LIve, my poor router may explode one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.