Salix 14.1 Xfce review - Like a rock

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Take heed, cause I'm a lyrical poet, my distro reviews are leet in case you didn't know it. Wait, wrong song. I mean I always listen to your feedback. It's just that sometimes it takes me months to get there, busy little bee hive that I am. So, here it is, a review of Salix 14.1 Xfce 64-bit edition, a Slackware-based distribution, covering two installation attempts - a failed one on a quad-boot laptop with Intel grapgics SSD and a successful one in a virtual machine, covering installation setup details, desktop look & feel, package management & updates, multimedia playback and codecs - Flash, MP3, HD video, applications, utilities, printing, resource usage, stability, customization, and more. Have fun.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/salix-14-1-xfce.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

Salix is everything a modern distro should be, IMO. Nothing fancy, no complicated setup, it just works. And this is all the more impressive given the size of the dev team.

3. guest

guest Guest

did you tried on a UEFI machine?

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

No, it's standard bios ... t61 is an olden box.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.