SafeSpace 1.2.145.0 released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Victek, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hey Aigle,

Your sig says CFP + TF + GeSWall, not OA + SafeSpaceo_O ;)

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Eaz-Fix :D :D

My main working snapshot has CFP, GW n TF. It,s my real combo.

I made a new snapshot just to use OA free with SafeSpace. Works fine. No other security software, neither in real time, nor on-demand.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The only issue Iended up having with it is its Firefox issue. At some point it will start throwing up. If they ever get this resolve, it is a very light and powerful solution by itself.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

No FF here. Only use Opera n sometimes IE7.

I even started replacing FF with Opera for my friends. FF is really so slow on dial up, very annoying, like a fatty guy having difficulty in running. :)

5. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi Greenhorn.

In terms of compatibility, I wouldn't know where to start with that setup!

As a starter for 10, THere is an additional setting required for KAV 7. You can find instructions on how to set this here -> http://forums.artificialdynamics.co.uk/messages.aspx?TopicID=12

Let me know if this makes a difference.

Best regards,

Kris.

Artificial Dynamics.

6. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I'd eliminate A2 antimalware and Snoopfree at least. Also, apply the setting that Tidyup is suggesting.

7. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

@greenhorn113

You should be able to eliminate OA and Returnil. Both worked fine with SafeSpace on my set up

Hope that helps

8. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Hmm Pot calling the kettle black me thinks,...

9. Kees1958

Same here: Maxxblast wit three images

a) DW + EQS + PCToolsFW + Avast
    b) DW + CFP + Mamutu + Antivir
    c) GWPro + TFPro + AVG

Note both EQS & FW and CFP & Mamuto, HIPS are set to not overlap. TFPro is off course with custum rules file and registry protection. Main is image B

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ok, now I tried EQS only- in my current snapshot- nothing else.
    It,s so fast n light. No more scnners, neither on-demand nor real time.

11. Kees1958

You were dissepointed on CFP and OA. Try EQS with PC Tools, set EQS not ot check at memory violation and hooks, set PCTFW to check for this. Do not install TF with, just GW

See how it rocks

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, I will continue with CFP as my main HIPS. I have decided this. Many reasons for that:

Built in full FW
    Nice GUI( yes it matters to me)
    There is a forum where I can post, i can complain, can add feature request etc etc and get feedback.
    It will continue to eveolve due to a big comapny n money behind( rather than one man show) and a large user base
    etc etc

Besides i have tuned CFP to give very little pop ups by most of application rules configured and unnecessary pop ups removed by disabling some COM filters. Now on any new snapshots I just need to import my configuration and all is set again.

13. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

I agree aigle a fair few apps but one is a firewall/hips, I use a DSL cable, no router yet, then I have an anti virus,anti spyware,anti keylogger,scan only prevx csi and secunia, all of which to my knowledge serve a different purpose although there may be some crossover and returnil I only session lock as and when,Spyware Blaster is just a compliment that auto blocks what is in its data base.

So while it may appear a lot, I prefer to consider it a layered approach and having been a victim of id theft albeit a minor one discovered before too much damage and I still don't know if it was pc associated or not.

If I am wrong that I am duplicating some protection then fine I can remove what is uneeded but I was just trying SafeSpace and am not likely to bin other software until I am satisfied of its protection and I don't believe anything is 100% guaranteed.:doubt:

14. greenhorn113

Thanks Jon, its a first step.:thumb:

Neil

15. greenhorn113

Kris

Thanks, I will look into it.

Regards,

Neil

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will remove a-squared antimalware, Spyware Blaster, Snoop Free,Prev CSI, and SAS. One signature based application is enough.

17. greenhorn113

SAS was only on demand and a squared now likewise,but not sure about removing SnoopFree it appears to work well as for Prevx I will also make that on demand also but I thought Spyware Blaster complimented other security software and is the one program I have had from the start but other comments would be appreciated.

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

All of these are blacklisters. Only one is enough IMO that,s the AV. Many on-demand applications have loaded drivers, running services all the time.

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using only OA free with SafeSpace, still I encounter glitches with Opera. Sudden unexplined CPU spikes in routine surfing ovwr wilders, I do open many tabs. Also some transient lock ups of Opera.
    They sure need to make it more smooth. Also I think GUI can be made less beefy to make it load afster and use less memeory.

BTW I love the option to put a colored border of ur choice around the isolated application.

I was unable to run Free Dowlload Manager and my default image viewer( FastStone Image Viewer) in safeSpace. No support for Portable Opera as well. I think they need to add exception rules for such common applications ( more security, less usability)or more better they need to modify default rules in a way to make it more compatible for these applications( more usability, less security).

Attached Files:

20. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

Was wondering what the 2 services are for and if both are necessary (would safespace have the same functionality if i disabled the wave service and its corresponding startup?)

21. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

I never had a program slow my pc down as much as this did. Even icon refreshing. Sandboxie is alot better if I were to use it.

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It sure slows down a bit, not so much as u got on ur system.

23. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I never tried, I think they must be necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.