SafeSpace 1.2.107.0 now available

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Tidyup, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi Dogma.

I'll look into it. Can you advise which version you are using, and if it is consistently using high CPU, or only when viewing a certian PDF, or a certain way of launching it?

Regards,

Kris.

2. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Requirements for safespace list windows XP SP2 (among others) and .NET 2.0.
    Now, I have read that .NET 2.0 can also install ok on windows XP SP1a.
    The question I have is if Safespace can also run OK on windows XP SP1a? Thanks.

Soccerfan

3. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi Soccerfan.

SafeSpace is not supported on Windows XP Service pack 1, due to our dependancy on the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime, which only supports Service Pack 2.

Best regards,

Kris.

4. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Thanks for that information Kris.
    Soccerfan

5. dogma

dogma Registered Member

When adobe reader opens in a browser.

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I tried an earlier version of SafeSpace and had a problem where my browsers could not logon and access their own network based resources. I use Maxthon, Avant, and IE 7 (with IE7 Pro addon). They all store favorites and other data online. This is a great convenience, however by default SafeSpace breaks this option. Can SafeSpace be configured to enable this browser feature? Thanks!

7. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hi Victek123.

I have tested SafeSpace with the online services of IE7Pro, Maxthon 2.0 and Avant 11.5, and there are no problems.

Best regards,

Kris.

Artificial Dynamics.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I will install the latest SafeSpace and try again.

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm running SafeSpace again in XP SP2 and successfully accessing my maxthon online favorites - thanks! By the way, have you looked at WindowBlinds to see if it's compatible with SafeSpace? When I first tried starting an app with a WindowBlinds skin enabled the system locked up solid. It's been working fine since I restored the standard XP skin. I haven't experimented with this enough to feel certain about what's going on, but perhaps you are already aware of the issue?

10. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Any compatibility problems with Online Armor and SafeSpace?

11. davidw_426

davidw_426 Registered Member

There once was as I had PM'ed Tidyup, but it was fixed. Whether there is any conflict with the newest OA I'm not sure. I had waited until the issue was fixed so I could try SafeSpace again, but I er, um, forgot to try it again, lol, I need to remedy that.

12. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

Just installed Online Armor Free so far no problems with SafeSpace. Both working well together

Terry

13. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

How about Webroot Desktop Firewall?

14. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Another little glitch I have:

Using Firefox I don't seem to be able to cut and paste text into my search bar. Outside od SafeSpace everything works fine. I have my Firefox profile folder set to Full Control. Any ideas?

In fact, I can't copy text from Firefox inside SafeSpace and paste to notepad or anything else outside SafeSpace.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  15. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Just tested SafeSpace with Windows Server 2008 RC0 and program working fine. Thanks for a great program!

-MikeNAS

16. MikeNAS

What processes I really need to run programs in SafeSpace? I just killed systray&agent processes and everything is fine (i have waveframer.exe and 2xwavehost.exe) . Anyone know more information about processes? Like waveframer.exe and wavehost.exe

I have also sometimes intresting shortcut problem. If I click FF, Opera or IE shortcut (desktop or start menu) then it takes so long to open. Opening in SafeSpace Menu is blazing fast.

MikeNAS

PS. Much lighter without those "unneeded" processes :D

17. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

Hello MikeNAS.

The systray process displays the notification bar menu, which is only used for accessibility. This is OK to stop if you not require it.

WaveFramer.exe is responsible for the bordering of SafeSpace application windows. This is OK to stop if you do not require this functionality.

However, the SafeSpace Agent service is a key component, and it is not advised that it is stopped.

The WaveHost processes manage DCOM and RPC inside the sandbox. If they are stopped, SafeSpace will recreate them next time they are needed. If you block them, then you will have problems with any application which relies on these services, such as Internet Explorer.

I will PM you regarding your issue with shortcuts to see if we can diagnose what is causing the delay.

Best regards,

Kris.

18. MikeNAS

There's also one other process. launcherservice.exe, what is that? I answered to you and I hope that we can try to fix that "problem".

-MikeNAS

19. Tidyup

Tidyup Registered Member

LauncherService is another key component, which should not be touched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.