SafeOnline keeps crashing browser

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PC__Gamer, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

That part has me tickled pink!

2. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

np :)

and lets hope the issue stays away once fixed. :)

shall i keep this test version in, and will it update as normal in the usual ways? ....

(3.0.5.42)

and once again, Happy New Year. :argh:

3. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Yes, likewise what is the easiest way of finding out? I have not found the inbuilt updater always the most up to date. As soon as its ready I want to use the update to get rid of the worlds most annoying crash problem. The kids are going crazy as they can't play their online flash games.

4. PC__Gamer

well, the problem was a conflict with a big part of windows, so im guessing more than 2 or 3 people are having the issue, :rolleyes:

more like 70-80% of all windows users who use UAC.

the good news, is that he's identifed it and the fix should be very soon. :)

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Well, it isn't quite a global issue on all PCs using UAC ;) I had to make a number of other adjustments to reproduce it here but it will indeed be fixed shortly.

The v3.0.5.42 test build you have will update to the next live build which will be higher than v3.0.5.42 but you'll probably want to install the beta before once we have it up.

I'll keep you all in the loop as we work on correcting the issue :) Thanks again for the help!

6. PC__Gamer

Well, it did it on my machine after a fresh format and OS install, prevx was the first thing i installed to test it and it crashed on youtube again.

i expect alot more than 3 or 4 customers being affected by it Joe, the world is bigger than wilders :)

for one, i didnt even though Prevx was the program at fault, so i expect alot of other customers wont know its prevx.

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You would also be amazed how many people shut that damn UAC off.

8. PC__Gamer

actually i wouldn't, but its still a big part of windows so its no excuse.

9. noel1947

noel1947 Registered Member

PrevxHelp

Could you please check your pm's as I responded to your suggestion on 31 Dec at 7.16 am as I had been using Prevx customer support inbox since 22.25 pm on 18 Dec with the same issue.
    Having noted your presence on this forum several times since 31 Dec I can only surmise that you haven't checked your pm's or that your inbox is full.

noel1947

10. PC__Gamer

issues are now fixed in 3.0.5.43 test version, seems to be working fine on my PC.

videos are playing as they should, on max settings WITH UAC enabled. :)

cheers Joe.

edit: Yayyy, im sooo happy now, everything is working as it should and i now feel uber-protected with SafeOnline on Max. :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.