SafeOnline Facebook, What's Included??

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by wildest1, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

Greetings.

I've attached a composite screen shot which to me looks like the default install environment I'm used to seeing from PREVXCSIFREE.EXE and PREVXSAFEOLNINE.EXE.

So, concerning PREVXFACEBOOK.EXE downloaded from hxxp://www.prevx.com/safebook.asp?rkw=facebook&sessionid=snip=routes:
    1- Is Authenticating Files really disabled?
    2- What is "SafeOnline only" exactly? No scanning? No monitoring?
    3- Regarding "Trial access" - when would then Scanning and Detection and Realtime Infection Monitoring change from Configure to Buy/Activate?

Thank you.

2. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

Oops. Here's the screen shot.

Attached Files:

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The small window for "Authenticating Files" is disabled in the SafeOnline build to try and make a more seamless user experience.

The SafeOnline-only mode deemphasizes malware detection when it is not needed for banking safely online. Therefore, you will receive fewer warnings about less important threats and will be provided an experience that can be more "set and forget".

Malware detection is always enabled regardless of what version you're using, but you may want to raise the heuristic settings to increase the frequence of warnings as SafeOnline-only-mode changes the behavior to use a weekly report of all infections instead of notifying the user as they enter.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you'd like any further clarification!

4. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

Wow. Sure is different from the PREVXCSIFREE.EXE install! Your clarifications are greatly appreciated.

One final question should wrap things up: got a registry tweak by any chance that would enable the Authenticating Files window?

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hmm... actually, we don't. I think a better approach (for us) would be to disable it via the option in the GUI rather than disabling it fundamentally.

I'll add this to the list and we should have the option automatically reset itself in the next update :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

6. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

That would be good since often Prevx scans many files before apps open and I can just point to the popups to have the user understand why the need to wait a bit. Indeed, not greyed out, the feature can be enable-checked in the GUI right now and it's... Not. Enabled. That's a "What were you thinking?" thing IMHO. Nonetheless, the SafeOnline Facebook effort is noble and very generous. :thumb: :thumb:

The next version will be too late as I need to roll out this Dell to the user tomorrow, so I've set her up with Prevx Free and configured the one SafeOnline for her school's domain. Maybe I'll buy her the license for her birthday. :) I used to work with her and she called me for help in getting a computer as she's going back to school. And will be using the school network. :blink: Needless to say, my work was cut out for me...

Thanks for your time. You can close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.