SafeOnline apparently supports SeaMonkey now

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Saint Satin Stain, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    SafeOnline apparently supports SeaMonkey now. I see the green icon with a check on SeaMoney 2.0.4. You Prevx folk need to change your website information now.

SeaMonkey is my default (for my home office) but I also use Firefox, Flock, K-Meleon, Google Chrome, and I E 8. I'm partial toward Gecko browsers, but I like Chrome and I E 8. Yes, I like I E too. All these browsers should be protected by SafeOnline..

2. Saint Satin Stain

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We will look into adding further support for SeaMonkey but we have not intentionally added it (though it may be partially supported because of the shared code between it and Firefox).

Prevx 4.0 will allow for more customization of protection within SafeOnline but at the moment we have other areas currently ahead in priority of adding minor browsers.

4. Saint Satin Stain

You will offend me less by saying browsers with fewer users instead of "minor browsers." I have my work to do, promote SeaMonkey. It is a good replacement for Outlook in many ways, though it doesn't have a word processor, except Composer an html processor. You can install Jarte with which can associate with SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey has a calendar, Lightning extension, with tasks and events.

With all the excitement over Firefox and Thunderbird, SeaMonkey has been ignored. Because it has browser, email, html processor, chat, and address book , and by extension calendar, it is useful to small offices and home offices, the elderly who want the simplicity of most internet functions in one app. It is a secure application. Though SeaMonkey is my default, I also use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, K-Meleon, and IE 8. Secunia PSI has found more insecurities in the other browsers I have.

I am venting. Please don't feel obligated to continue this. I've said my piece. I'll just wait until you get around to SeaMonkey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.