SafeOnline and KeePass

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pling_man, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I can't get KeePass's AutoType to work properly when SafeOnline security configuration is set to medium or higher.

2. wildest1

wildest1 Guest

KeePass is just one of the reasons I disable SafeOnline in Prevx 3. That and KeyScrambler, Sandboxie, capture apps, hot key managers, virtual desktops, etc. etc. I'm running those in one form or another and I'm not willing to give them up for SafeOnline protection which from what I've gathered needs to be throttled back in order to live with those.

SafeOnline is quite assertive, which makes it so good in one respect and annoying in another. Such is life. At least you can turn it off and benefit from CSI scanning.

IMHO, I wish Prevx would, like other developers, release their apps separately. A Prevx and a SafeOnline and a "suite"... PrevxOnline?

3. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

@wildest1

If you buy PrevX alone you get SafeOnline 'free' which can be disabled (£19.95)
    You can buy SafeOnline without PrevX (£9.95)
    Or all singing/dancing (£24.95)

So I do not 'see' your point

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know what version of KeePass you're using and what OS you're on and if you're trying to use KeePass into a protected website or into a normal, non-protected website? We "should" be compatible with them, but I'll take a look as to what might be breaking it.

Thanks! :)

5. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I'm using KeePass Version 2.09 (the latest series 2 version). My OS is Vista Home Premium (SP2).

The problem occurs when the site is protected with a Configuration Level of Medium or higher (i.e. Protection against keyloggers enabled).

AutoType works ok when the Configuration Level is low.

I don't want to turn SafeOnline off or throttle protection to low to make this work, as SafeOnline is the main reason I have bought PrevX.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the information - I've forwarded this onto our QA team and hopefully they'll be able to reproduce the issue to get a fix prepared swiftly! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.