Safe'N'Sec Review

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SDS909, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakesNoSense

MakesNoSense Guest

Installed SNS with anti-spyware and noticed that it installed Starfoce Copy protection file protect.exe. Was able to confirm this in Zone Alarm Pro under programs. There is a listing for Starforce Copy Protection with the associated file “protect.exe.” Since this file is listed under ZA programs that means protect.exe executed and/or installed during the install of SNS. Also in the SNS subdirectory there is the file protect.exe.

Why in the world would a company trying to promote a security product install its copy protection product? I do not believe this is a very smart move for Starforce. Does anyone else see this behavior?

I restored the image I made prior to installing SNS. Have lost faith in the developers of SNS.

2. sage386

sage386 Registered Member

The 'protection' you saw is the trial and activation/registration system.
    and btw, SNS has separate development team from protection.

3. alley

alley Registered Member

hi sage386,

At the risk of sounding really impatient, any idea when this patch will be released? Thanks in advance :)

4. sage386

sage386 Registered Member

Hi alley!

The patch should be ready for download tomorrow.
    Or you could request the single service executable file (safensec.exe) directly from support if you dont want to wait.

5. Safe'n'Sec Support

Safe'n'Sec Support Registered Member

Hello alley,

if you don't mind, I can send you the fixed file safensec.exe. Please send me your e-mail address (to hotline@star-force.com and safensec@mail.ru). Unfortunately we haven't received your letter.

6. alley

alley Registered Member

Hi,

thanks both for your very quick reply :) I don't mind waiting a couple of days for the patch. Now it looks like I can start the new year with rebuilding my pc and start all fresh! Thanks for this great product and a happy new year to all.:D

7. simple_user

simple_user Guest

Hi, does anyone have any compatibility issues when running SNS 2.0 and Online Armor 1.2 together? My XP Pro PC has both their lastest versions installed and it will hang when launching/installing an application from time to time. The whole XP desktop will freeze and pressing control-alt-delete cannot bring up the task manager. Pressing <windows_key-L> will show an empty desktop. I have to reset my PC manually when this happens. Also, when running SNS and OA together, it will take a lot longer (about 45 seconds)before I can see the XP logon screen. Although I like SNS 2.0 a lot, I have uninstalled it for now so that my PC can run OA and other programs without hanging.

Thanks.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Simple_user

They both work fine here. No issue's or lags.

Pete

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Bump.

10. Nitrox

Nitrox Registered Member

I have the same problems with Safe'n'Sec, slow bootup and the occasional freezing.
    I have been in contact with support for a while but it has not been resolved and I have not heard back from them for some time now.
    I have also uninstalled it and find OA a lot easier on the system with way less bugs. No, I did not have them running at the same time.
    I also hate that activation system with Safe'n'Sec, every time I uninstalled it and then re-installed it to try a new version that is being released practically every day the activation counter would decrease.:( :(

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Never mind I tried it and decided it's not for for me at this time.

12. Safe'n'Sec Support

Safe'n'Sec Support Registered Member

There will be very soon an opportunity to export/import activation keys stored in the registry (together with user created rules). It will allow to reinstall Safe'n'Sec on the same PC without the activation process.

We're working at this problem. Any results will be known after Christmas vacations (02.01 - 09.01)

13. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Good news on the activation issue. I am running the latest version of OA here along with SnS 2.0 no problems. But it isn't OA 1.2. Just curious where someone obtained OA 1.2 (Latest version is 1.1.0.595)

Pete

14. simple_user

simple_user Guest

Sorry Peter, I should have said Online Armor 1.1 build 595, not 1.2. Also, thanks for the quick comments by folks from Star-Force.

15. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

16. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

BTW, I've noted that the original S'n'S review's link (boredmofo.com) is dead (first topic of this discussion).

17. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

For information only, just found this...

http://www.safensoft.com/security.phtml?c=444

"From July 13 to August 31 2006 S.N Safe & Software announces "Safer togather!" bonus program. All IT security software (electronic licenses) users get a 31% discount on purchasing Safe’n’Sec innovational solution for PC protection against hacker attacks, zero-day viruses and spyware programs"

Safe'n'Sec Personal $25 $17.25

Safe'n'Sec Personal + Antivirus $35 $24.15

Safe'n'Sec Personal + Anti-Spyware $35 $24.15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.