Safe'N'Sec Review

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SDS909, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

SafenSec is an excellent product ! I have used it . For the price , I actually prefer it over Regdefend .

3. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

I contacted the developer about this product. A greatly enhanced v1.1 is being released shortly, and they sound committed to the product.

Seems nice and I like the process viewer/killer in it and the driver level protections that seem a bit deeper than most products.

4. Nitrox

Nitrox Registered Member

I sent them an e-mail yesterday enquiring on their upgrade policy when the first year is up but have not received any reply yet.
    It does sound very good though as it includes Bitdefender scanning technology.

5. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

how would this compare to prevx?

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Argh! It's written by StarForce, the evil makers of obnoxious CD-checking software *bleh*. On the other hand, if this product does well, maybe they'll drop one of the more irritating inconveniences for games players.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am also interested in how this program compares with Prevx. I have added Prevx to my arsenal, but I definitely have noticed a lag on my computer. My computer has the resources to cope, but I feel Prevx.

Pete

8. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

99% of what you hear about Star-Force copy protection is pure fearmongering. People hate it because its almost impossible to properly crack games protected with it.

I registered Safe'n'Sec and was provided with a technical support hotline email address that seems to yield replies within 1 hour of emailing. I'm impressed with that.

So far it seems to be like a less intrusive version of PrevX that has zero impact on system drag. I like it. PrevX seemed to cause issues for me.

9. hollywoodpc

SafenSec is awesome . But , at startup , it slowqed me down . I can cope with Prevx but , I can feel it slightly . Safensec seemed to be lighter to me . Keep in mind though . Prevx has already reduces resource usage in this latest version and are still working on it and , a completely new version will be released at the end of this month . So they say . It will have new features and looks good .

10. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

The very first time you restart after installing SafenSec it will be slower, thats because its validating the installation and/or Keyfile.

After that, everything should be normal. It only checks that one time if the install was valid, and then never checks again unless you re-install.

11. hollywoodpc

Caused me a slow startup each time .

12. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

To be honest I am more then fairly impressed with this product, it is popping up as first on everything that is happening here :D

you gotta love that cause I am :)

I didn't knew it existed before reading this post so thanx to the OP'er...

13. Peter2150

I have to agree. I took Prevx off and put Safe'N'Sec on and system has regained it's snap. It is popping up on things. Looking good so far.

Like Infinity I didn't know about this app either.

Hurray for Wilders, and it's posters.

Pete

14. solarpowered candle

It says
    Detection and elimination of known threats

Safe'n'Sec detects known malicious code such as viruses, Trojans, and worms and eliminates them, using the antivirus databases from well-known antivirus software vendors.
    Wonder who the well known antivirus vendors are in addition to Bitdefender

15. hollywoodpc

As I have stated in the past . I have used this for awhile now and love it . I do not use it for the AV . So I did not buy the $ 35.00 version . It is excellent at what it does and I like it better than RegDefend . I got this back when I was looking for more protection in the registry .

16. Peter2150

I tried setting the protection to Total from Strict. I don't think a sneeze could get by you, but they need some kind of learning mode like PG has.

17. hollywoodpc

lol . Good way to put it . And a learning mode would be cool

18. Peter2150

Have the Trial version with AV running now. Running it alongside F-Prot. Since it doesn't have a real time scanner it seems fine, I will just disable F-Prot to do a scan. Gone try and will post results.

19. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

will this product have any benefit when you're a licenced RD and PG user?

does it do anything more then the rest?

20. hollywoodpc

If you buy the $ 35 version , you get AV protection . BitDefender engine . I prefer the $ 25 version over RD . I own PG and they work well together . It is hard to tell right now because RD is not well as well lopaded right now . You can add to RD whereas SafenSec is fully loaded out of the box . If you already purchased RD , I , personally , feel like you may not need SafenSec . I am still waiting to see if RD will have more protection out of the box . So I have yet to purchase RD .

21. Peter2150

Well the AV version plays okay with F-Prot. I did disable the Real time scan in F-Prot when I tried the AV scanner. RegDefend is still the quickest on the uptake when there is overlap. PG is still unique with some of it's protections.

Question I have is how Safe'n'Sec compares to Prevx. I don't notice Safe'n'sec being on the machine whereas with Prevx........ They would have to make a significant change in Prevx before I'd not notice it.

22. solarpowered candle

prevx can be a real nuisance to say the least. The new version that is due out in the next few weeks will be interesting . On a side note I contacted safensec last nite over an issue and recieved an email back within the hour . I needed further clarification and they also replied within the following hour . So good support.
    I am awaiting the registry guard for the Kav Internet security beta that is due out shortly . I have PG installed and a licence for prevx ( which I am not currently using due to its nuisance factor with KAV 2006) For my surfing I would be going overboard.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  23. hollywoodpc

Hi Solar
    Is Prevx causing a really bad conflict ? I know that KAV based engines do not run on my system at all . Even with Prevx shutdown . I am curious as to what problems you have had . Thank you

24. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

Specific to this test:

http://castlecops.com/postt111173.html

I noticed Safe'n'Sec and RegDefend are the only two registry guard products i've found that actually stop this. I'd be curious to hear if any of the registry protections in AV software block it?

25. solarpowered candle

I will be interested in the reg guard from Kav 2006 beta that is soon to be out as I suspect that may stop it. However from my few visits to regDefend threads It seemed to me that even regdefend failed this test? https://www.wilderssecurity.com./showthread.php?t=70737
    The issues I find are annoying running prevx and Kav2006 are simply the barrage of pop ups as Kav reads the reg at start up and preforms its start up scan . I perhaps need to read up more to find a way to place kav in ignore with prevx . So far I havent been able too, so just uninstalled prevx, but will try the newer version when this is shortly released. I like prevx and the concept . However I dont believe it has any effect with adware / etc. which leaves me to wonder about some of its other claims . If they keep improving it it may be as good a standard as they say . I like the kav 2006 and for me it has or will have all the bits and peices that I need for good security .I also use PG with it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.