Safemedia plugin

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kaledi, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaledi

kaledi Registered Member

Hi,
    I notice that there is a BartPE and Safemedia plugin available for TI11 on the ACronis website.
    Can someone tell me what the Safemedia plugin allows you to do?
    thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In versions prior to TI11 the rescue CD offered 2 choices, Full and Safe (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode) when you booted it up.

Full is a Linux environment and provided the drivers for USB, Firewire, Network devices and was the primary stand-alone environment.

Safe is a DOS variant rather than Linux and was intended for restoring from primarily internal HDs when the Full didnt' work. It doesn't have drivers for USB, Firewire or the Network cards. This limited its usefulness and it tended to be very slow. However, some modern motherboards may have improved USB support included in the BIOS and these devices will work in Safe mode but can still be slow. If it allows you to recover your files then it is a lot better than nothing!

I imagine they left it out of TI11 to keep the download size a bit smaller and also because it probably had many fewer users than the full. It could also be that Acronis, by not including it, has found out that more people need it than they thought!

If the regular rescue environment works for you, you don't need the Safe one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.