SafeCentral

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TomAZ, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Can someone explain how SafeCentral works -- at least conceptually. I've read a little about it, but I'm not sure I really understand it.

Here are just a few questions to start with:

1) Is it simply another security app -- another type of security software?

2) Is it browser specific, or doesn't it even have anything to do with browsers?

3) Does it work with all financial institutions and online shopping - both domestic and international?

4) If there's a client to be installed, is it fairly light on resources?

Any comments would be helpful.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

3. PCM

PCM Registered Member

SafeCentral is different from normal security software, in that it doesn’t attempt to identify or remove malware, rather, it blocks access to system resources to all but SafeCentral approved processes. In this way, it provides a secure environment to conduct a sensitive transaction such as banking or Citrix VDI session.

SafeCentral uses its own browser inside a secure desktop.

Most financial institutions are compatible unless the bank only works with IE (Active X dependency). There is an IE version of SafeCentral scheduled for released.

Client is installed, yes. Its impact on a machine is negligible. For a trial, try emailing sales@safecentral.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.