SafeCentral 2.0 review

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Victek, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Can you or someone try it for us, I really have no time atm. How does it achieve protection. Is it ring0, ring3 please?

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Interesting concept, but I hate misleading stuff. They try and compare it with traditional security software, including Sandboxes, and then when they describe what the traditional security software does, the leave out the sandbox, as it would hurt their case.

Also I question the premise. Would I go online, and do banking with a machine I knew was infected, using their program. I think not.

Pete

5. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I agree, comparisons don't do it for me either.

Interesting part of the review however for those concerned about keyloggers (eg those you know might be installed by a partner etc).

6. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

No Thanks :thumbd:

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

If they charge so-much-per-year simply to own their software like, for example, Returnil, then I say forget it! I can forgive anti-Viruses and anti-Spyware programs because of all the work involved in keeping up with their signature updates, but if a program charges yearly simply to own it (something that not even MS Windows does not do) then I say "Screw them".

Acadia

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I did install and use SafeCentral 2.0 briefly, but my computer crashed with a blue screen when I tried to hibernate, so I uninstalled it. It may have been caused by an interaction with other security software - I'm currently using Avast, Online Armor and Mamutu. By the way, the $40 yearly subscription is for three PCs and the program does download updates at intervals. I'm guessing the anti-keylogger functionality has to be kept up to date, and the firefox browser as well. It's not clear if SS 2.0 adds anything really unique to the mix. I am curious about the separate DNS support though.

9. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I use Keyscrambler Premium and Zemana. As far as I know they prevent all keyloggers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.