Safe to run AVAST! 5 and Immunet?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by disinter1, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Would they ever conflict? Thanks

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

well its a general rule to never use 2 AV's at the same time, so be cautious if u do.

3. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

I think Immunet says that it can run along side you existing AV. Like Prevx i presume.

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I've done it. Those two together are safe. In fact Immunet with just about everything I have tried works well.

5. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

+1

Tried this with Avast! 5, MSE and Comodo (with it's anti-virus running). No conflicts and Immunet correctly identified the other software.

I really like the idea of being able to run my security suite home brew or flavor of the month and then be able to add a little cloud (Prevx or Immunet) for the icing on the cake.

6. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

I wasn't able to get the two running together here on Windows 7 64-bit.

Immunet tried to notify me of a test virus but could not and seemingly blocked Avast from doing so. The minute I uninstalled Immunet, Avast notified properly again.

Personally I think IP needs some more work. There was no response from the creator in the IP thread about numerous issues I've had with the product. I suggest you stay away.

I would suggest either Prevx or Threatfire to run alongside Avast.

7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

It seems like people are having more issues with the 64bit version of Immunet than the 32bit version.

8. alhuger

alhuger Registered Member

It's likely a driver race on 64 bit. It sounds like Avast and ourselves are both convicting the same files and are racing on the notifications. There is nothing in our code that would stop their product from messaging it's behavior. That being said we have several thousand users running Avast 5.0 so I suspect it's working in most cases. Without seeing the log data it's tough to say much more.

9. alhuger

alhuger Registered Member

I read Wilders casually so it's not surprising that I should miss your posts. Please keep in mind that the net is a pretty big place and that people may not devote as much time to Wilders as you might. I have, several times, posted my direct email address and the address for Immunet's public forums please feel free to take your questions to either and I will answer them or better yet someone from our community will.

FWIW, I run a system (32 bit) with Avast 5.0 on one of my home systems with no problems.

al

10. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

I appreciate the response Al, but I'm not going to try IP again, so no big deal. It didn't work for me and I've moved on. Thanks.

11. clocks

clocks Registered Member

never mind

12. iTrendsNET

iTrendsNET Registered Member

I was running Immunet with Avast! 5 on my main home PC with Win 7 64-bit RC up until last week with no problems. I felt like playing this weekend so I zapped the RC (Win 7 Release Candidate) and installed XP 64-bit. That machine is now running Comodo and Immunet 64, again with no issues so far.

I've also got Immunet running with MSE and Threatfire on a new Toshiba laptop with Win 7 64-bit without problems. Now if I could just get my HP laserjet to print through the network I'll be all set. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.