Safe mode and Rescue CD

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cryon, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Hi Wilders Forumers,

I need advise on this issue and if possible point me to right direction. I just follow-up on my read as I was busy tackling Conficker issues in my company. Recently McAfee came out with a blog titled "Safe Mode: A Misnomer" (hxxp://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/index.php/2009/03/12/safe-mode-a-misnomer/).

If I'm not mistaken, safe mode will load the minimal drivers in order for it to boot. Will the ESET Rescue CD bypass all this drivers? Since I made one USB version of the rescue cd and tried it. I don't see it load any of the drivers as we all seen in the safe mode. So does that mean the rescue cd will help me in "wiping-out-the malware" that could or might be "registered" in the the safe mode registry without fear of malware infection?

I hope you guys and gals can understand my question. Thanks.

2. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Any news on these issue? o_O

3. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

SysRescue doesn't use files of your installed OS. It has nothing to do with safe mode. It uses files installed by WAIK, packed in winpe.wim inside your WAIK installation directory.

4. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Thanks trencan for the information and pardon my "noob-ie-ness" questions. :D
    I'm glad that I can rely on ESET then :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.