Safe Free Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Someone, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Really? For me eusing and tuneup utilities usually finds about 80 more errors.
    Eusing is very safe, i always delete everything it finds without even looking at it and never had any problems. It also finds many errors.

An easy way to recover your registry if problems arise is ERUNT, since it automatically creates backups every startup and a few clicks to restore, with a low chance of getting corrupted since each backup contains its own .exe.

If you ever end up with an unbootable windows than just burn UBCD4WIN on a blank cd and open the ERUNT backup program without needing windows open.

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I use Uniblue Registry Booster and occasionally CCleaner's one.

3. RAD

RAD Registered Member

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

IMO deleting garbage/leftovers is pointless,you never get a better registry this way,but if it gives you peace of mind use it at your own risk.It is never proven that leftovers are harmfull to the functioning of the registry.Vendors will teach you otherwise and basically reflect upon the paranoia and ignorance of the people. ;)

Even active drivers,leftovers from uninstalled app. Leave it alone,or know how to unregister them manually. Just delete them and see what happen !!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  5. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Eusing is the one that finds "more" for me too, because it deletes keys that get re-generated very quickly. Jv16 is the only one that finds "serious" leftover keys, like when uninstalling firewalls and antivirus and legacy devices are left over.

I use a combination of ERUNT, Auslogics Registry Defrag and Macrium Reflect. Since the thing that i usually change is security apps, i have "presets" registry backups made with ERunt and go back to "clean" registries. For example, i have Twister + Winpatrol + PC Tools firewall and i want to uninstall the firewall and put Kerio? I uninstall with Revo the PC Tools firewall, restore the ERUNT backup called "TwisterWinPatrol" , that doesn't have a trace of PCTools firewall and then install Kerio.

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

OT though but FDISR ? ;)

7. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

I thought it was discontinued? o_O o_O :blink:

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

The one that ive tried in the past that seems to "find" the most is regvac.There was some sort of disagreement between regvac author and jv16 author which resulted in some sort of online argument over "safety"between the two. In any case as mentioned over and over ,always have a backup (preferably) an image.
    ellison

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes OT. Sorry. But owners can use it as the perfect uninstaller.

10. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

Yes, but I'm not a owner, so now I cannot acquire it.

Thanks anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.