SAFE-Admin project

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Sully, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

For those interested in the SAFE-Admin project Kees1958 and I have been working on, you may find the status and general info located here.

www.mrwoojoo.com/safe_admin/index.htm
    (don't spend too much time looking at the eye-candy on that web page ;) )

I will update that page when needed and will also post here of that fact.

Sul.

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

heads up! hope that it will be concluded successfully sooner than later (it is done when it is done). looking forward.

perhaps this thread could become sticky for updates here as well

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

The encouraging news should be that most of the work is done to the first element. A few routines need to be created, but most of it is to check that I did it right the first time.

Researching a lot of new infos and developing a plan to encompass all goals has taken a large amount of time. Coding has been on a fair pace. I am anticipating that the second element will be much quicker to develop as it is only an interface. It could take more time to refine, getting text and control placement "just so", but it will not do much more than can already be done without it.

Sul.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Going to setup my son'd gaming PC this weekend with the alfa. The old dual core got a burn-out just after three years of operation. Post mortem PC investigation showed that cooling paste had dried out. :D

Moore's law claims that capacity doubles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law) while prices drop by half every two years. Looking at the basic specs this 1965 claim still holds. :thumb:

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

No promises or anything, but the beta could be out in a week or two. Tweaking error code and logging now. So far everything seems to work, just some small little things that need tended to.

The context menu is a bit difficult because of UAC and limitations in Vista/7. I am afraid I don't know enough to "quickly" make a shell extension for this, so I have to work with what is at hand. If any C coders out there want to tackle that, well, not many know how to do that I am finding, but you never know ;)

Either way, I am pleased that most of the "hard" work is over and after some smoothing of rough edges, it looks to work as expected. A GUI is needed still, it will come soon enough.

Sul.

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Ah cool, was wondering how far off you were from a release.

7. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I've used some settings that I put manually, I look forward to an executable version.

8. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I had a couple issues that needed dealt with. I restructured a lot of the codebase to simplify the interactions on various levels. It was a good change that truly does make it easier to work with the command line right now.

I found issues after that with junction points. I had to go searching and eventually create my own solution to finding an "absolute path". I dislike junction points. I would have preferred they not used them so much and made users get used to the new directory structure. That is neither here nor there.

Currently sitting at v1024 alpha with v1025 under way. I just finished some additional documentation as well. If I find time this weekend to put v1025 through some exhaustive tests and there are no major issues found with v1024 from the alpha testers, then it may be about ready to beta. But beta will be a command line version only, and it will not be the type of beta where you use it until the final comes out -- more like you use it to see what it is about and to give feedback on any errors and how it works, where drawbacks/quirks are.

Sul.

9. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Keep up the Good work! :thumb:
    Much Appreciated! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.