Runtime packers & Advanced hueristics

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DVD+R, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

During Advanced configuration, If I click on Advanced hueristics or runtim packers, a popup windows says enabling these features could have an adverse effect on system performance. Question is Do I enable them or not for Maximum protection o_O

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Yes, for maximum protection, it is recommended to have these checked.

The "Adverse effects on your system" is minuscule in my opinion. If you have an older system with slower hardware, you might notice, but newer computers have quite a bit of horse power and these options will barely even register a change.

3. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

I just peaked at my setup but the runtime packers was already checked on mine configuration? This is not default? I believe I never changed a setting there.

I now enabled both to see if I get some impact. My system is pretty high-end as well, afraid not so good as DVD+R system but it should handle it I guess.

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

Default for real-time is no run-time packers, no advanced heuristics.There is a slight impact on certain things.If you have Xp and the classic tree menu, some things will stall for a bit when popping out, and also if you have alot of programs installed on your pc, it will take awile for the add/remove programs list to load.Every system will handle it differently though, depends, try to see what works best for your PC config.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.