Runtime Error

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jpcummins, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have recently started seeing the following Runtime Error.

ErrorMessage.jpg

The version I have of Symantec is "Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.1.6.6000. I have had this program for a long time and would like to be able to continue using it if I can correct whatever is wrong. In addition to the error message I get a popup telling me that auto protection is off. Which I understand to be that in reality I am without an antivirus protection.

My question is, if I can find my original discs of Symantec, can I reinstall them without removing the installed program? Or, does anyone know how I can correct the problem? As always all replies will be appreciated and I would thank you in advance.

John

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

That is a very old version, maybe consider using any one of the free AV which will be more effective against today's malware (even if you could somehow fix the issue). Otherwise, it could be some malware causing the issue or the recent update that is now incompatible

3. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Cudni

Thank you for your quick reply. Could you recommend a good free program? If you can I would appreciate it however if you cannot I understand.

John

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.