Runtime Error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LoneWolf, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I get this tring to use My Pictures. Any ideas?
    XP Home SP1

Attached Files:

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Possible corruption? Change view setting's to either list or detail's and apply to all folder's (fifth Q), then retry.

Posted by KW at annoyance's .... "In the file explorer turn on the option "Launch folder dows in a separate process". So if the file explorer crashes it won't take your desktop with it. AND turn on "Do not cache thumbnails". Now my file navigation is faster and no more desktop crashes. My theory is that thumbnail cacheing running in the same process as the desktop is the culprit."

Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab
    • Check "Do not cache thumbnails"

• Check "Launch folder windows in a separate process"

Should these not work, a few question's. You run a registry cleaner? Still update running sp1?
    What do you remember around the time the first one started showing up?

PS - Liked your previous nick better. Original. ;)

Steve

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  3. slipdogg

slipdogg Registered Member

Re: Runtime Error 75 path/files access error

hi i also get this message when i run a program called ghost control,its a mouse auto clicker and i have no idea what it means or how to get rid of it but it does stop me using the program,anyone replying to this please excuse my ignorance i'm new to computing and have limited knowledge so be gentle,i have attached a crude photo as i dont know how to capture a screen shot.my laptop is using windows vista if this helps.sorry couldn't attach the photo the file is to big and i dont know how to reduce it,i told you i am shxt

4. GlobalForce

Welcome to the forum slipdogg,

See here for taking a screen snipit. Upload through 'manage attachments ' below your reply window.

Edit: From Vista's homepage goto help and how-to > setup and maintanence > search: event viewer to open your own and look for an error number relating ghost control. Likewise, help and support is usually a sound place to start when being requested to find item's within the OS. Consider sending dcajic a bug report once you know the detail's.

http://www.ghost-control.com/report-bugs.html

Steve

5. slipdogg

thanks very much for the swift reply i can tell that joining this forum might have been the best thing i have ever done,hear is a screen shot of the run error,i will follow the other advice you gave me and report back,thanks again

Attached Files:

6. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

7. GlobalForce

Running on Texcritter's lead .... if it turn's out to be nothing more than an access issue this thread that follow's should throw some light, otherwise I'd say it sure sound's like a bug the developer has to work out. Tell us, did it run clean after initial install, caused possibly by some recent event? What exactly are you doing in the second's leading up to the error dialog, anything in particular (delete old task's is highlighted)?

http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/File-permissions-Program-Files-directory-ftopict40601.html

S

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Thanks GlobalForce.That seems to have done the trick.

9. GlobalForce

Hey, not me, KW! If she hold's up a few day's I'd say we all learned a thing or two.
    Happy to have been of service LW. Be good.

Steve

10. slipdogg

when i first downloaded ghost control it worked fine the first couple of times,but then when i record the actions i want the ghost control to preform and go to new task to set the amount of times to repeat the action the run time error box appears and when i click ok it closes the ghost control.i followed the links and got some good info but nothing to tell me how to fix it i came across a free down load called reg cure i ran the program and it showed 628 problems but to fix this i had to register and pay$29 but i was a bit reluctant,not sure what my next step should be.

11. GlobalForce

First, resist the temptation to adjust ANYTHING inside your registry. For the twenty four ninety five you forked over .... from the look's of what's on his/her website I'm guessing a small, single programmer situation where bug report submission response could be a problem, considering you may not be the only one experiencing that error.

If I were you I'd definately fill out that report and/or send a letter of concern questioning how your purchase can be handled should a reasonable amount of time between the sent report and an actual fix elapse, aka a refund.

Oh, and as far as "coming across FREE download's" .... ask beforehand. Not everyone would agree with regcure.

Steve

12. slipdogg

i have sent two emails the first one was last weekend and another one today,i'm starting to think i was sucked in with this product and my moneys gone,its a pity did like the idea of it i use a program called ghost mouse which is an auto clicker but it goes on for ever you cant program it to stop after a certain amount of clicks were as ghost control could but alas it seems i will have to keep trying to fix it or look for another auto clicker that works.

13. GlobalForce

I don't think that's an error your going to fix (just a hunch). In the future when considering software for purchase browse a site like snapfiles which usually includes several user reviews. From there you can inspect each product's homepage, noting whether or not they offer a satisfaction guarantee, a support community, etc .... Gather all the needed detail's up front, you'll make better decision's while reducing the possibility of discontent.

Look here for five star automation freeware, here for shareware's. Any choices should say - Win (All)
    For the record .... how long have you had ghost-control? Still in the trial period?

Steve

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  14. slipdogg

i bought it last sunday,i originally down loaded the test model then paid for the full version,i'll take your advice and check a little deeper before i purchase,once again thank you for your help your advice has invaluable.

15. GlobalForce

Then by all mean's get ahold of the person in charge over at ghost-control (and/or flood their addy).

Failure to provide you or anyone else experiencing shortcoming's after having laid out hard earned money without some sort of working solution should NOT go by unnoticed. In your shoes and not having received a support reply in almost a week would cause me to seriously consider demanding a refund.

ATM I'm not sure which agency could help right now but I'll try and determine that. Was your purchase by credit card through regnow? If yes, which? You'll get a few answer's at the link that follow's while I check my resources. Depending whether or not this was through credit card, keep in mind they all offer some type of buyer protection policy.

http://www.regnow.com/faq.html

Steve

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  16. slipdogg

yes i bought it with a credit card direct payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.