Runtime Error "7" When Starting?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DV8Cowboy, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DV8Cowboy

DV8Cowboy Registered Member

I get this 'runtime error "7" , out of memory' when trying to start spyblaster...it's driving me nuts, as it was fine two days ago (just installed the latest version a week ago). I tries reinstalling it, flushing file cache, and ram. It won't run! (anymore) o_O o_O o_O

Please....Help! :mad: o_O :(

WTF is it on about?

..thanks,

DV8

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I could use some information from you (to hopefully help me in reproducing the problem). :)

1.) When does this error message occur - Before anything is displayed? After a brief flash of the interface? During the sequence where the loading bar is progressing? Or some other time (if so, could you specify exactly what is displayed right before it happens)?

2.) Could you please send the following files in your SpywareBlaster directory to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com

-sbdatabase.dtb
    -sbdatabase2.dtb
    -ckdatabase.dtb
    -sbinfo.dtb

After doing the above, could you please try downloading and running the following two setup programs, which will install the latest versions of the files SpywareBlaster needs to run:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

http://www.javacoolsoftware.net/downloads/missingfilesetup.exe

Thanks!

-Javacool

3. DV8Cowboy

Will do Javacool, and thanks....

The answer to number 1 above is: the runtime error is displayed BEFORE the program loads at all, it simply doesn't start... o_O

...just gives the 'runtime error "7" , out of memory' popup.

I'm off to email you shortly..

kind regards,

-dv8cowboy

4. DV8Cowboy

The second file did the trick javacool!....missing dll that missingfilessetup.exe fixed. Sent you all the info you req..

I had tried to install a bookmarl mgr that had a few corrupted dll's (didn't know that till after the install process) and upon uninstall of that it informed me of about a half dozen shared dll's....I reckon that that was where all the fun started even though I kep all the shared dlls.

In any event, if you duplicate this could you let us know what exactly was the go on all this?

And thanks mate, for getting me going right and standing staight again! :)

-DV8Cowboy

5. John Clark

John Clark Guest

Does anyone know if this is the 'fix' for Sony machines or any other systems that display this same run time "7" Error?

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Could you try downloading those support files and letting me know how it goes?

There's at least a good chance they will fix the problem, but I can't guarantee it (they certainly won't hurt anything).

Thanks! :)

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.