Runtime error 216 help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by danshe, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danshe

danshe Registered Member

I'd appreciate any help about this message. According to microsoft I'm infected with backdoor.subseven worm. I've scanned my drive with avast and avg. I followed the symantic instructions to delete it from my registry. Neither antivirus program identifies a worm problem. When I tried to delete it from my registry none of the files that symantic said to delete were visible in my registry. Can someone tell me how to locate this worm and delete it?

This is a side question but I use zone alarm, spyware blaster, avg and avast, spyware guard, and spybot. I just began using wireless dsl instead of wired and I imagine this is how I got infected. What additional protection do I need for wireless?

Thanks

2. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Who or better what from MS said this?
    Backdoor means Backdoor and has nothing to do with a worm.
    Subseven has never been a worm so far and that for quite some years now :rolleyes:

3. danshe

danshe Registered Member

A search of runtime error 216 consistently brings the same answer- that my computer is infected. Here is a microsoft link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259279

I also ran ewido after posting this and still no sign of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.