Running virus scan... displayed in Word.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Rifter, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rifter

Rifter Registered Member

Here is our problem. When we open up word, we get the message "Running virus scan..." at the bottom. The problem, is that it stays there forever, and it over-lays the other status bar messages, and you can't see other Word information. This is a pretty serious problem for some of our users. I can't figure out how to remove that over-lay. In Word, you can right click the status bar, and add/remove items. But, it seems that this item is not available there, AND it does not play nice with the existing items.

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Which versions of Word? Which versions of Eset? I don't see this issue with Word 2007 SP2 and EST EAVBE 4.0.424.

Jim

3. Rifter

Rifter Registered Member

The latest version of word, though, I am running 4.0.314. I am trying to figure out now, how to make Nod32 update itself, automatically. I really don't want to have to push down every executable update to our clients, by hand. I will test with the newer client, when I get this figured out.

4. Rifter

Rifter Registered Member

Ok, this issue has been rectified in Office SP 2. I didn't notice that a new SP came out recently.

In the SP 2 list of changes... there is this:
    The status bar displays "Running Virus Scan" for all new documents, and the message persists until a user action updates the status bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.