running spyblaster in the background

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kwhopson, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhopson

kwhopson Guest

the spywareguard page has a reference to spyblaster that says specifically "Plus it does not need to run in the background, and so uses no resources!" what does this mean? i want it to run in the background. if i launch it, i see it in the taskbar and also in the system task list & processes window, but if i close it, then the process is really terminated. i actually want it to run in the background, all the time, and not have to worry about accidentally closing it from the taskbar. is this possible? thanks

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi kwhopson,

spywareblaster puts kill bits against the spywares thus those kind of spywares cant come in again. It is no scanner or system monitor but a software that eradicates any chance of getting infected by the list of spywares that you can see in spywareblaster main window

It dont need to be running in background

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi and welcome,

If you do a search here, you'll find a number of times this question has been raised. It's partly a confusion between SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard (the latter does stay running as resident protection), plus a misunderstanding about how Blaster works.

Blaster does its thing by setting "traps" (I forget the technical term) in the registry for specific ActiveX and other baddies, so they can't install or run. The only time it needs to be running is when you're checking for updates, or if you want to change its setup preferences.

Best,
    Mike

(Edit) I see that as usual, subratam has typed and posted faster than I did. :D

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Good answers guys. Just one thing to add...

From time to time we find that some people have not actually set the protections in SpywareBlaster, so I like to link to this image and mention that after the first install and every update that follows, you need to use the "Select All" button and the "Protect Against Checked Items!" button to actually enable SpywareBlaster's protections. Click here for image.

Updates come about on average of once a week, so you should run SpywareBlaster and check about that often.

5. subratam

subratam Registered Member

lol Mike,

Its just that you give me the chance maybe :)
    still some people think I am just having fun here posting whatever I can and maybe unnecessary making me 700 posts in 3 months...
    anyways I will be me.. trying to help people here in anyway I can and If I can :)

take care

6. kwhopson

kwhopson Guest

THANKS ... now i understand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.