running proxomitron with FF through findnot.com

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by spice1, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spice1

spice1 Registered Member

im looking to download proxomitron but how do i configure FF while running through findnot? for findnot i'm running 127.0.0.1 port 1088 through the socks host. proxo says to run "localhost" through the http proxy, port 8080. i only use FF while using findnot. will i have any problems using proxo for FF and IE (i use IE for basic web use)?
    thanks in advance........

s.1

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

There is a section in Proxo help files that explains how to configure external proxies for use with Proxo. It is not difficult. I have never done it but I don't think you will have any problems.

3. spice1

spice1 Registered Member

maybe im mentally challenged (or possibly due to the fact that im a "virgin" when it comes to tech lingo) but now that i have downloaded proxomitron, i have no idea how to config it to run through findnot's vpn server. :'(
    i was able to config IE (which i use for basic web searching and DO NOT use a vpn server) but im at a loss for configing Firefox > Proxo > vpn.
    any assistance, links, info, would certainly be appreciated.

s.1

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. spice1

spice1 Registered Member

ronjor.....thanks for that link, very informative but maybe im missing something.
    when i test the proxy 127.0.0.1:1088 it fails.

in order for me to connect through findnot's vpn i have to enter 127.0.0.1 port 1088 in the SOCKS Host field (using SOCKS v5), No proxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1 in firefox connect. settings.
    i have to use SOCKS in order to connect via vpn, correct?

when i set up the connection settings as described in dog's link, im not connecting to the vpn.

this is all rather confusing so please excuse me if im missing something obvious.

s.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.