Running Processes speeded up or ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Janus, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello

Has anybody been noticing, that it appears to, that the process for validation of new files from yellow to green under " Running Processes has been speeded up. Yesterday there was a new update for the software "Snagit" . Normally the validation from yellow to green took at least a couple of weeks. Now it only took 3 days. The same behavior was observed with Roboform, that quite often releases new updates. Just curious to know if anybody has been noticing the same.

Regards, Janus...:)

Attached Files:

2. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I have noticed that Roboform is not staying at unknown for as long.
    However, I am noticing that my backup imaging program, shadowprotect is listed as 9:Risky. Now it has not been updated for 6 months and has no internet connectivity. I might think that it has to do with the number of users with that file, but I have the same situation with the Quickbooks Update service. It was last updated 3 months ago and is listed as 9:Risky. Now, I show Microsoft Office Word as 9:Risky and Microsoft Office Outlook as 5:Unknown, but those were both part of Update Tuesday patches, though they certainly have a large installed base.

3. manak

manak Registered Member

I have noticed this. It takes more than a couple of weeks for Firefox 15.0.1 for green (Frankly I was so disappointed ESET Live grid update. It is 'Firefox'). Firefox 16.0.1 is green already.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

manak and terradon, thanks for the feedback...:thumb: .Yes a faster processing regarding the policy for validation of new files from yellow to green, is more than welcome imho.

Regards, Janus

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The frequency at which ESET's Live Grid data is updated depends upon a number of variables, one of which is how many people are participating in Live Grid. As the volume of data increases, accurate decisions about file reputation can be made more speedily.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello

Thank you for your answer Aryeh ,.... it will be interesting to see how this tool will develop over time. I truly think that is has great potential to be more that it is now. So let's see what time brings.

Regards, Janus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.