Running Nod32 on Win 98 and just installed XP. Now what?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by TonyKlein, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Hi,

As is clear from the title, I've been runing Nod32 on Win 98SE, and I just installed XP on another partition.

So I'm figuring I ought to install the XP version, but my Win 98 password won't work.

Is it totally inadvisable to install the Win98 version on XP, or should I apply for a new password to go with the XP version?

I already sent in a Customer request at Eset customer support, but I figured I might post here as well to get some opinions.

Thanks!

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Tony,

one NOD32 for Windows license is valid for one computer - that means if you have more Windows OS on the same machine you can use one license. We've tried your username/password and it works for both NOD32 for Windows 95/ 98/ ME and for Windows NT/ 2000/ XP versions. If you'd have other OS than Windows on the same machine - you'd need the different license and u/p.

regards :cool:

jan

3. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Thanks Jan.

Mark at Eset just came back to me as well with the same answer, and of course you guys are right! :D

I don't know what went wrong at first, but it's working perfectly fine now.

I certainly feel a lot safer now that I've been able to update Nod32! :D

Thanks a million!

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.