Running Browser in Avast 8 IS Sandbox

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by FreddyFreeloader, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

I'm running Opera in the Avast 8 IS sandbox - is it like Sandboxie, or something entirely different?

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Pretty much similar.:)

3. FreddyFreeloader

OK, thanks.

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

You're welcome.:)

5. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I think avast IS sandbox has an important thing missing that sandboxie has. In its option it has auto allow safe downloads to be placed outside sandbox. SO if a malware is hidden with file or one that avast does not detect will be downloaded outside the sandbox automatically. You can take out the check mark for that option and avast will not allow any downloads outside sandbox, but also you can not download safe items outside sandbox.

Sandboxie gives you the option at the end of download to move outside sandbox or not and avast does not.

So to seal this hole or failure in avast I have installed sandboxie and have sandboxed my download folder so that when i download anything from IE or chrome (firefox sandboxed in avast does not allowed to download anything. only worked for IE and chrome) thats avast moves outside sandbox will be protected by sandboxie until I say so.

Overall avast need to fix these issues. But if you do not download anything then avast sandbox with auto download allow off is great.

6. FreddyFreeloader

Good info! I saw the download in sandbox thing - can't save any updates that download in their sandbox, either. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.