Running 4.0 fine on a P3 500

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by bradtech, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

I have an old Dell Laptop that is a Pentium III 500 mhz with 256 MB of ram.. Running Windows XP Service Pack 3. Install process went smooth, and it's running good so far. At work I have the Tier 2 Technicians running it on their machines keeping me informed of any issues..

I however did run into one issue where after post install ekrn.exe hogged the CPU for about 3-4 minutes, and NOD32 never loaded in the system tray. However upon rebooting after the disk thrashing everything started up fine.

Initial ram usage was up in the 30s-50s and has now dropped down to 22MB for ekrn.exe and around a 1Meg for egui.. No sysinspector bug so far like another user has posted. I had some of the guys at their own time try it out, and get familiar with, and add/remove snapshots nobody reported that bug.

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Been fine here on my other system....

PIII 800
    512 MB
    XP SP3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.