Runescape blocked? uncheck question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by publishermp, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. publishermp

publishermp Registered Member

We play a game called Runescape. We've been getting an error called "checksum error" for a few months. The site administrators say it is a firewall or spyware problem. We've used the same spyware and firewall for some time, except we added Spyware Blaster in addition to SpyBot and Adaware. I don't know how to "uncheck" items related to Runescape. Another posting said if I knew the CSLID (or something like that), I could uncheck, but I don't even know what that is.
    Can anyone help?
    publishermp

2. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Is it possible that maybe you could try alternate links to the game, to see if that works?
    It is possible that Spyware Blaster is regognizing that specific site as a bad one. You could possibly try a google search to see if there are alternate sites that host the game.
    If not, i believe it is the probably Spyware Blaster that is blocking acess. You can try manually searching through SWB's block list and scroll through to see if you find that specific site in which you play.

Viel Glueck,
    Under0ath

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

The easiest way to find out if it is SWB causing this trouble is to "disable all protection" in SWB, then try the game. If it works fine, then it's probably SWB and further research should be done to find out just what entry is causing the trouble and you can only leave it unchecked. If you have the same trouble with all protection disabled, then SWB is not the culprit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.