Runaway Bride

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowbound, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

To go to this extent after a bad case of cold feet is beyond me,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=717124

Talk about narcissistic behaviour. Not taking into consideration the impact of her actions on family and friends.

Supposedly no charges will be laid but the colossal waste of police resources on this should be criminal in itself.

Well, she got her 15 minutes of fame albeit for all the wrong reasons.... :rolleyes:

snowbound

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I wonder how she got to New Mexico? Bizzare.

3. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Wow ! And I just watched a show on CNN about her "missing case" last night, ~ worried it may be another murder fact, which happens so often nowadays.

Yes, it is extrem what she did....but obvisously she has some issues, which she needs help with.

Thank god she is alive though !

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, as a family friend said
    Let's see, 14 bridesmaids, 14 groomsmen, and 600 invitations - yes, I'd say it perhaps took on a life of it's own. Maybe everyone around her were focusing only on the wedding, not the people involved. It can happen.

Obviously a number of folks have issues to address in this case. The bride-to-be is really only one of them.

Blue

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Bus

Blue

6. ~*Nat*~

Easy. People that can afford a huuuge wedding, can afford a plane ticket to anywhere in the world.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Always read thoroughly. :rolleyes: :ninja:

8. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

I think they had a fight about what AV they were going to install on the family PC after they tied the knots. :eek:

Attached Files:

9. ~*Nat*~

10. Primrose

and that is why Barbie never showed up for her gig in Las Vegas.. :D

Hmmm..maybe dog is just waiting for them to NOD off so he can dance on the keys. *puppy* :ninja: :-*

Attached Files:

11. Primrose

Attached Files:

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

13. Primrose

Attached Files:

14. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

It is my belief that it is better to find out beforehand than afterward when her pre-nup has kicked in! :D

15. Sugabella

Sugabella Registered Member

How could you say you marry some one and leave . it is sad that people can hurt the ones they love. I would never try to be mean like that to the man I love ( So when i find him ) Lol Sorry hun

16. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

They could still pull it off today right on schedule. :D ;) :D

snowbound

17. CarolinaMoonshine

:D Yep, like issues of total incompatability with the opposite gender? Or perhaps, inability to figure out which is the opposite gender?

The woman is 32 years old, certainly old enough to accept some responsibility for the grief she has caused.

Law enforcement owes her family an itemized bill for their time and trouble. :rolleyes:

I hope that those 600 guests sat down and enjoyed the wedding cake - oh, and took their gifts home with them! :-*

18. Primrose

Well i still think it was a computer thingie..if you got three of them..maybe he wanted the third one in the garage..

"Wilbanks, whose disappearance set off a nationwide hunt, was tired and thirsty, but was not complaining of any injuries Saturday, officials said. Her hair, which was long in pictures released by her family, was shoulder-length.

Just hours before Wilbanks called her fiance, police in Duluth said they had no solid leads in the case and began dismantling a search center. Relatives offered a $100,000 reward for information and were planning a prayer vigil.

The hunt for Wilbanks had consumed Duluth, a tight-knit town. Her picture and newspaper articles about her disappearance were on telephone poles and shop windows. Police had also seized three computers from the couple's home."

But she just might have liked bus rides...and could be simple as that.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i8156

19. CarolinaMoonshine

I am an expert regarding "bus therapy".

Guys, here is the $6 question:

Would you, as the "jilted" bridegroom, seeing how repentive the bride-to-be was for her errant ways, go ahead with the wedding anyway? :D

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I can see it now...

Bride wanted eye candy in her AV app - PC-cillin, McAfee, Panda Titanium
    Groom wanted more configurability and performance - Kaspersky, NOD32, ArcaVir, BitDefender....Hmm :eek:

21. Primrose

Well I say more power to her..sorry she freaked out so many people..that was immature..but there is more to it than just the catering bill..I am on her side..if the gal is not happy now..and excited to marry the guy..then she surely would not be happy after the walk to the altar..better now than later..and I wish them both the best of luck..but not together..rough road to to be a child in a family if the folks can't figure out why one needs to tell the other they have been kidnapped...instead of..Not now Honey..I have a headache.

Now If i were he..and she called with that story..and I Loveed her..I would tell her to stay right there..if you are running away from this "thing"..I want to go with Ya. ;)

22. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:eek: Damn good lesson! When the question is asked "Will you marry me"?, don't be so quick with the answer, an if it is "yes" be sure that is exactly what you mean and you know what you are getting into. If there is the slightest doubt at the very first the answer should be "no". I don't think this women thought it through at the start, an then felt trapped as the plans got going. She could have avoided quiet a bit of grief if she had thought about it. She obviously panicked an tried to escape the whole thing. However I do agree it is better now than later, an so what if others are upset. I do however think that she should be held responsible for the obvious involvement of the authorities.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :( :eek: :rolleyes:

23. Mystique

Mystique Registered Member

Society tells people how to behave and puts much pressure on people to be 'normal'. Sometimes, something happens inside people that reminds them that they can think and feel for themselves. Although I don't agree with How and When she did it, making her loved ones worried in the process (her confusion reigning supreme perhaps), I must say I admire the runaway bride for standing up for herself and having the courage to run away from a situation her soul didn't feel happy with just to fulfill other people's expectations. :ninja:

24. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

Colossal waste of news reporting resources, too. We've still got kids dying in Iraq, and the news media are in a frenzy about a bride with cold feet. It became a private family matter the moment she was safe & 'fessed up. MSNBC, FOX, CNN, et al just need to shut up. But, "voyeuristic journalism" sells....

25. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I think he should leave at the alter after this. Man I`m cruel. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.