run time error :unable to run spywareblaster3.2 at all!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ambitiousOne, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambitiousOne

ambitiousOne Registered Member

:mad: I download spwbltr3.2 and install completely, then when i hit open it only says "Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number"

I had previous version of the blaster, but when i attempted to install sp2 on xp, my system locked up at startup, and i had to do system recovery . i dont know what happened. now i cant run the blaster3.2 or any other version!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey ambitiousOne,

While I do not have an answer for you of how to fix this yet....would you mind sharing a little more info. This same error is being discussed in the below thread but unfortunately it has not gotten very far. You can either follow along with that thread or if you wish we'll attempt to address it here.

**questions from that other thread by Javacool**
    This thread---> Run-time error '52'

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

A possible fix may be to install SB in C:\ (C:\SpywareBlaster\).

4. ambitiousOne

More info: originally this problem occurred when i tried to dl sp2 from microsoft, my system locked at startup after restarting, so I had to do system recovery, reload all my microsoft office suite, works, frontpage; also battlefield games, zone=alarm firewall and avg antivirus.

spywareblaster is only thing that will not startup after reinstalling.

I attempted the possible fix of changing the filename to the suggested change to no avail. I am still stuck here. :oops:

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hmmmm

so, Installing SpywareBlaster in the following location C:\ failed to resolve "Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number" problem?

6. ambitiousOne

Saving spywareblaster under the suggested folder, and also any other name, has had no effect on the problem. I still absolutely can not run spywareblaster after install.
    Why would this be happening? I have tried to remove all files and folders of any spywareblaster programs, then reinstalling, etc.
    Nothing I try is working at all, just the same old Run time error 52.

7. ambitiousOne

cmon, has anyone solved this problem yet? run time 52, wont install .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.