Run-time error '9'

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Betty, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty

Betty Registered Member

I like the new forum look and am really really glad it's up and running..

I recently installed 2004 Norton SystemWorks and Norton Personal Firewall using all the proper uninstall/install procedures. It now appears I have messed something up because File Checker no longer works. I am getting 2 file deleted messages and then "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" . At this point I can't get into File Checker to check anything.
    The Norton products seem to be working fine other than being a little slow to open which, for now, I can put up with. But I want File Checker back :'(
    The 2 watched files:
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\IAMAPP.EXE
    I am running XP Home SP1 and everything on my system is up to date.
    Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Betty

2. hoggar

hoggar Guest

put the cd in drive and choose: browse cd, use the "find" function. if there are not any of these files,they may be, in previous versions of symantec products,otherwise you can manually put these into folder,navapsvc was at least in 2004 antivirus folder in my own check.the iamapp.exe coudnd find in firewall 2004. be sure that uninstall , live reg and live update, if there was earlier installs.

3. Betty

Betty Registered Member

Hi hoggar, thanks for the info, I did find navapsvc and "copied" it to location of F/C choice but have not been able to find iamapp anyplace. I checked all my previous Norton cds to no avail. I think I'm going to have to figure out how to read the Ghost backup cds and try to find it there. So far I have only been able to get a directory on the first one, says the others are spanned, but there's gotta be a way. It'll be my weekend project LOL
    Thanks again,
    Betty

4. Betty

Betty Registered Member

Hi all,
    Just want to let you know I have File Checker working again thanks to help from here, reading at the Symantec site and finally a little "it's worth a try" creativity! Sunny days are here again.
    Have a great day,
    Betty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.