Run-time error '70'

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pegg, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegg

pegg Registered Member

Hi - I'm brand new here but I've tried 4 searches for this particular problem in your various threads and couldn't find this one so I apologize if it's been asked and covered in another thread or post. If it has, just point me in the right direction.

I have Windows XP Home and have used Spyware Blaster for months. Have version 3.1 and haven't had any problems. I went into "tools" and "hosts safe" and I have previously done 2 "backups" (last one in May) I thought I'd make another backup so I hit "create new backup" and this message popped up:

Run-time error '70'
    Permission Denied
    OK

Well -- guess that's not okay. Any suggestions? :eek:

2. pegg

pegg Registered Member

Anyone?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Is this an unheard of error number?

I could uninstall and reinstall but....

(I have dial-up and can't remember how long it takes to download so I don't want to do that)

I guess I'd like to know even if no one has ever had this problem! That would be odd. A common problem?

Anyone?

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

this has been discussed in other threads i believe, error 70, i dont think anyone has come 2 a conclusion wats causing it (maybe im wrong)
    but "permission denied" makes me think u are using a "limited" account & dont have administrator privledges ?

also, about the downloading, i wouldnt redownload it , cuz others are gettin the same problem

just do a quick search & it should come up with the threads

good luck :D

4. pegg

pegg Registered Member

searches

Yeah -- like I said -- I did try several different types of searches in this forum. Found a lot of different error numbers -- didn't see number '70' and the search said it "omitted the number 70' in its search parameters..." actually. I admit I didn't read the hundreds of posts but I did look at a lot. But that's ok. It may be something else that's set wrong in my computer -- although how it got changed, edited, damaged, etc. I don't know.

Thanks -- I am the administrator -- but that's a good guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.