run time error '339'

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Anthony Philipp, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im running win xp pro, and when i run spyware blaster it gives me run time error 339
    which says this.
    "Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" i just reformatted my hard drive and intalled it on a partition just for programs. my question is, does it need to be on the same partition as windows? thanks.
    anthony

2. claire

claire Guest

Hi Anthony Philipp,

Go down the page I think you'll find what you need

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

3. thanks for the suggestion claire, but i just downloaded the newest version, and i dont think downloading it again would solve my problem, i have had other problems with the stability of spywareblaster on other computers, i will however try intalling it on my c:\ drive rather that on another partition to see if that helps. btw i had just reformatted my hard drives and reinstalled windows xp, so i dont think anything is wrong with the os yet.
    any other suggestions are welcome.
    anthony

4. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

HI,

I think what Claire was suggesting was you got to the site and retrive the missing file installer here so that the program will run right.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169

~FIREDANCER~

5. claire

claire Guest

You're absolutely right FireDancer :)

Anthony Philipp my apologies for beeing unclear :(

6. oh ok!
    thanks so much for your help. yeah sorry i didnt understand what you meant, but it works now! thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.