run.exe 123.exe help, hijacking, pop ups, and other annoying stuff

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by dlusion, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlusion

dlusion Registered Member

hi, I ran into a file named run.exe in something I downloaded, and once i did double click, i realized i made a mistake and started finding alot of adware on my comp like UCMORE search accelerator and such, although ewido did find the .exe (Downloader.VB.vz) and did quarantine it, i cant seem to undo the damage it did, ive been getting flash pop ups alot and my firefox window goes to random urls and resizes it self, i actually had this happen to me once, and i ended up having to reinstall windows, i hope i dont have to go through that again, i still have the run.exe, i guess that would help, i changed the extension to .txt, to take a look inside and it mentions "premium-server@thawte.com", infact heres the whole code ~snip~ Removed unnecessary wording - Ron

i hope it helps, thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2006
  2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Well head over to castlecops.com and go to their hijackthis forum and follow their instructions for posting a hijackthis log as Wilders no longer deciphers them. Prior to doing that, boot into safe mode and do a scan with Ewido, your antivirus software, and any spyware programs you may have, like ad-aware, msas etc. and see if that doesen't help a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.