Run Eset Remote Administrator under Parallels on a Mac

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by tv_kid, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tv_kid

tv_kid Registered Member

Does anyone have experience of running ERA under Parallels Desktop on a Mac?

I have about 30 Mac clients running NOD32, and would like to administer them remotely. For monitoring purposes I'm trying to get access to log files that detail the virus definition updates, full scan history etc, and it doesn't appear to be possible to automate the saving of log files from the client application.

I've set up ERA in my Parallels installation, and verified that a client running NOD32 can 'see' the administrator machine on port 2222 (which is forwarded to the Parallels installation), but the client doesn't appear in the Remote Administration console.

Any ideas of how I can fix this?

Thanks

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

What exactly do you mean when you say
    ? Are there ANY clients that check into RA through the Parallels software?

You could try using a different port aside from 2222 and see if that makes a difference. Do this:

1. Log into RA and go to Tools > Server options > Other settings tab.
    2. Change the port listed as 'Client' to something else (like 22222), then click OK.
    3. On the machine where the AV client is installed, open the GUI and press F5. Scroll the context tree on the left to the bottom, then locate 'Remote Administration'.
    4. Click to highlight it, then change the port to the same one you specified in RA.

See if the clients start checking in. Report your findings here.

Thanks,

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.