ruined / lost scan?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by JBBSF, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBBSF

JBBSF Registered Member

:blink: o_O Just downloaded and used Ewido for the first time to check out a fairly buggy computer. Used all kinds of products before Ewido (Ad-Aware, Windows Defender, SpyBot, SpywareDoctor, Norton 2002, AVG, CWShredder, TrendMicroANti-Spyware, SpySweeper.

Ran Ewido. It found something like 155 infected objects. It took 89 minutes. THere was an error message informing me that a file could not be cleaned or deleted (or something) because it was in an archived file, and did I want to delete the entire archive? On my way towards the mouse to click on whatever I needed to click, I hit a key on the keyboard - and seemingly lost the entire scan results.

Now runing another one and it's been 20 minutes, seems to be going quicker (56% now) but is there a way to recover the one I just seem to have lost? WHen I clicked on Analysis and QUarantine I found no results. . .

THanks.

Newbie.

2. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I am guessing no-there is an option to save to a text file (and to view)-but they are only active at the end of a scan.

In mycomputer/programfiles/ewidoanti-malware-there is a folder "Reports" where I assume they are saved-I have not saved any of mine and the file is empty on mine.

3. JBBSF

JBBSF Registered Member

THanks for the response.
    Looked and found nothing in the reports file, BUT did find a filB7B7EC01.dat in the Quarantine file. ANd it is 425,787 KB, an hour and a quarter ago - which is about right. What do I do with it?

Second Ewido scan is 97% done now (73 min) and has found 3 infected objects so far.

Thanks. Newbie:eek:

4. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I believe you can view that file by going to the Quarantine page of Ewido and clicking on refresh.

According to Ewido none of those items can harm your computer as they are encrypted before they are moved into quarantine-so it would do no harm to leave it there.

I do not know if you reviewed every "fix" that was done by Ewido and know for certain that it was not a false positive. Personally, with that many findings, I would keep the quarantine file in place in case I needed to restore something.

5. JBBSF

JBBSF Registered Member

Second scan finished fine, ewido found quite a few pieces of garbage.
    Continued to clean out computer with other "fixing" software.
    Afterwards deleted all quarantined.
    Fast and clean now.
    Ewido found things that others did not.

Thanks.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.