RTSoftwares

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by n8chavez, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have been looking for a very long time for an application that would automatically allow me to log off, turn off my monitor, and enter hibernation. A user here recommeded Shutter to me a while ago, but I have never gotten it to work as it should. Today while I was trolling around the net I found RTSoftwares, which allows for events on timers. The problem is that these event timers are not based on idleness. I wrote an email to them half an hour ago and I recieved a response that said they would implement my request and send me an email within 24 hours. I was so happy!! The software is not free, I believe it costs a mere $5.00, but it is well worth it. It is not often you find support like this. I believe people are a reflection of their software; ie Tom and Drive Snapshot or Bill with WinPatrol. I thought you all would like to know. If you are looking for such an application please support them.

Thanks

2. raakii

raakii Registered Member

Schedulers:free-byte task schedulers,solways task scheduler.

3. n8chavez

Neither of those products have the abililty to do what I described above. But, thank you.

4. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

5. n8chavez

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I just press the power button when I'm done, and the computer goes straight into hibernation.

7. n8chavez

Now where is the fun in that? Plus is subtracts from the value of having a hardware logon token.

I have used Shutter before, as I mentioned, but I'm having an issue with it. I am trying to set up Shutter so that I can automatically turn off the monitor after 10 minutes of inactivity, log off after 15 minutes of inactivity, and sleep after 1 hour of inactivity. But there seems to be a problem. When I have everything set up like in the screenshot below my system restarts rather that logging off at the given time. This seems to be the case any time log off, any other timed event and "or" are selected. I am using version 3 beta 10. Any ideas as to what I am doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

8. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Yoy could give a try to PowerPro (freeware), the swiss army knife of power computing.

I did not try this exact task but there are many shutdown commands (*Shutdown) available that you would be able to combine with differents events hooking, and if you're good at script building PowerPro will probably have no limit for you other than your own imagination's... It keeps amazed me that this wonder tool is not more known and used, it's not that they are new as this is derived from the oldy goldy Stiletto.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  9. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

Attached Files:

10. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

if you want your monitor to turn off, microsoft gives you an option,
    just right click on desktop > properties > screensaver > power.there you have an option called turn off monitor in **min(you can set minutes there).and
    amp winoff gives you option called "close session" i havent used that option but i think it means log off.

11. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I'm not looking for fun when I'm switching off. My method suits me, but I appreciate it mightn't fit your needs. All I know is that it's quick and simple for me to just push that button when I'm done with a computing session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.