RTL8185.sys and AMON?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mikkl, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikkl

mikkl Registered Member

I recently installed a new wireless adapter on a win98 machine running NOD32. The adapter is Compusa branded but is actually a Realtek 8185 wireless card.

I am trying to chase down some conflicts, but one thing I notice is that if I watch the AMON window in the NOD control panel, the Status window shows RTL8185.SYS as the file being scanned and the file count constantly increments. It never stops. It is as though AMON is constantly rescanning this file. If I end the task for the wireless driver, this activity stops. If I put RTL8185.sys in the AMON exclusion list, the behavior DOES NOT change.

Any ideas on how to figure out what is being scanned?

No, I am not actively connected to the internet while doing this, other than, perhaps, some keep alive traffic from the network adapter.

I am looking into this as I seem to be having some sort of conflict with the new adapter (sporadic crashes when clicking Network Neighborhood and occassional problems on reboots that only started with the installation of the new adapter) and so am trying to understand everything that is going on.

TIA,

mikkl

2. mikkl

mikkl Registered Member

One thing I just figured out is that the file exclusion feature of AMON requires the entire path and not just the file name. Once I made this correction, the exclusion feature is working correctly and AMON has stopped monitoring this frequently accessed system file.

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

It is all in the "help" section in NOD, AMON exclusions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.