RRT alternative?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tonytruand, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonytruand

tonytruand Registered Member

Hi everyone!

Is there a tool that has the same functionality as RRT? Or can someone explain what RRT does, can it be done manually?

I'm asking because I find that software very useful but I don't like the way it behaves asking for an activation code at each startup and opening an internet website every time I click on OK or Cancel.

Thanks in advance!

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Hi,

RRT = ? Got a link

3. tonytruand

4. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

RRT is now the Sergiwa Antiviral Toolkit

I've never heard of it, but it appears to have been around for a while - http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/RRT-Remove-Ristrictions-Tool-Changelog-68926.html

It's probably asking for an activation code as it's a demo, and the internet connection could be related to this, and/or updates ?

Uploaded it to VT and only eSafe said it was suspicious, probably due to the same KIS reason below.

vt.jpg

I downloaded it from your link and scanned it with Antivir, and Prevx popped up and detected it as a threat. After Avira's scan had finished Prevx no longer detected it ? Heck those guys are quick lol.

I then tried to download it from Sergiwa's www and got this o_O -

leech.jpg

I would say it ( seems ) legit.

You say that you find it " very useful " in what way/s ?

The following extract from Sergiwa's www describes his battle for recognition. Poor guy !

-

They do the mistakes and we pay the bills - http://www.sergiwa.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=25

" Two days ago I received a support request from one of my clients, he said:

Hi , KIS 2009 is detecting IPMS as rootkit. I have copied the file through KIS send option. I am attaching the same for your perusal.

He sent the the executable file of iPMS to Kaspersky Lab for analysis and forwarded their response to me....

I emailed newvirus@kaspersky.com and convinced them they are doing a big technical mistake and asked them to correct this mistake, it didn't take more than one email for the guy to say:

Sorry, this is a false positive and will be fixed in the next update. "

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Ah I think I read about this before but under a different name. RRT removes restrictions after an infection - re enable task manger - removes services, autoruns and cleans up the registry etc. He asks money on removal for the fight against a disease his child has, sounds a bit funny I know but apparently true. You can do a lot what this software does manually from command prompt, using great resources and utilities like sysinternals although his program targets and cleans up leftovers of certain infections and are all in one place so to speak.
    I like AVZ also.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I think this link is similar as far as the re-enabling part.

7. tonytruand

That's odd, I thought RRT was quite a popular tool!

Anyway, thanks for the links, I'll check them out right now ;)

8. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Doug's Windows XP Security Console

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.