RPC Server Unavailable Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by celosegui, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celosegui

celosegui Registered Member

I'm using True Image 7 with Windows XP Pro. I'm getting error message E00640068: Failed to create scheduled task. Error #17722 - "The RPC Server is unavailable." I'm getting this message no matter what the destination (network drive or external USB drive). It's worked before. Any ideas what this means?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello celosegui,

Sounds as if one of the True Image services has failed to start when booting into Windows. This is a known problem with earlier versions of TI. Easiest way to put it right is to carry out a quick reinstall of TI (no need to uninstall first) whenever the problem rears its ugly head.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello celosegui,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup Software.

1. Make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Administrative Tools -> Services) Startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, make it so.

2. If the above does not help, run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task) or do the following:
    The new schedmgr.exe allows you to start/stop Acronis Scheduler 2 Service with the below commands:
    schedmgr.exe service start
    schedmgr.exe service stop

Please reboot the computer after the above actions and check the work of Acronis True Image program.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. celosegui

celosegui Registered Member

Thank you. The problem was that the service was disabled. I changed it to automatic and started it. Now, it works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.